Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently December 13th, 2017, 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is the Indexer Dead?
PostPosted: October 14th, 2017, 9:05 pm 
High-Def MKV

Virtually no new shows of the new fall season are being found and reported by the MCM Indexer (even when doing a manual search not via MCM). I can easily find them on other indexers but it is a totally manual effort now to keep my shows up to date. I can only assume not many people use the MCM indexer or there would be more chatter about this. Not even sure this forum is being monitored anymore.

So my question is if the indexer has been abandoned? As it is right now it is useless for me. If anyone is using it and getting good results, let me know so I can search for an issue on my end. If not then I will have to search for another solution.

I am willing to help debug if there is anyone out there to help. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Is the Indexer Dead?
PostPosted: October 15th, 2017, 8:14 pm 
Flash Video

I use the indexer and am finding mostly the same results as you. There have been others who have brought this up as well, but no action seems to have been done with that. I also go to different indexers and manually download most of the time.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2017, 8:21 pm 
High-Def MKV

Thanks for confirming it’s not just me. Hopefully a forum moderator or Pete will see this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 8:12 pm 
Flash Video

out of the 20+ series i have set to download new episodes, maybe one random episode a week is getting picked up by the mcm index. i had to turn on torrents which i'm not a very big fan of, but at least it is finding shows pretty much as soon as they are done airing. i can easily find these shows manually through nzb sites but that kind of defeats the purpose of this service.. i've been having issues with this for over a month now and at least i'm not alone here.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 9:11 pm 
High-Def MKV

I also tried sending an email to the MCM support mailbox. But no response yet. Seems to be very little support activity lately though. I stopped using torrents a few years ago after getting some nasty love letters from Comcast and I am too cheap to pay for a VPN to hide behind. Haven't had any problems since using Usenet except for lately with the indexer itself. Hopefully someone will notice. :/

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2017, 3:45 pm 
Flash Video

Same issue for me as well.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2017, 9:43 am 
High-Def MKV

Sadly I retired MCM and the MCM Indexer in favor of Sonarr and Radarr that are now working flawlessly for me. Only down side is that I had to pay for access to a couple of other NZB indexers. But cost is cheap compared to the time I was having to put in to manually help MCM complete downloads. I truly hated to stop using MCM, it has many great features. But I don't like using Torrents and prefer the safety of Usenet. And with the unreliability of the MCM Indexer and the seeming lack of feedback or interest in fixing it, I was forced into this change. Sonarr and Radarr are working great for me. Once setup I truly have forgotten about it and have not missed any TV episodes in weeks now. It just seems to work. I continue to monitor this forum just in case the situation changes and would gladly come back to MCM if the situation changes.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2017, 9:00 pm 
Flash Video

this is really upsetting that there has been no movement on this issue in over a month. i am not savvy enough to figure out sonarr it doesn't seem very user friendly unless you understand a lot of whats going on behind the scenes. i've been using MCM for years with relatively no issues and have gotten many people on board as well.. it would be really great to get some kind of updates as to whats going on.. there are a lot of loyal users that i'm sure would love to see this resolved.