Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently October 19th, 2017, 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [Official] Set up T.V. on DVD
PostPosted: September 30th, 2009, 11:39 am 
Developer/Owner

If you have a television series on a DVD disc and want to have Media Center Master get meta data for you, then follow these simple instructions. These instructions assume you know how to rip a DVD disc to your hard drive and that you're comfortable with creating folders and moving files around on your computer.

(You must be using version 1.16.27509.943 or above.)

(If the series folder already exists, skip to step 2.)

1. Create a new Series using Media Center Master's menu Media -> Add a T.V. Series (if the series folder already exists, skip to step 2). We'll use the T.V. show "Lost" as an example.

2. Image

(The 'Keep this series up to date with new episodes' option only appears if you have T.V. episode downloading enabled in the Downloader preferences page. It will be checked on automatically if the series is still airing new episodes.)

3. Double-click on the series in Media Center Master's main window. In our example, you will double-click on "Lost". This will open up Windows Explorer and automatically navigate you to the folder where your T.V. series videos and meta data should go.

4. Create a new folder for the season that this disc applies to. It should be called "Season 1" (for season #1, etc.). This folder belongs in the T.V. series folder (so for our example, "C:\Video\TV\Lost\Season 1").

5. Image

6. Create a new folder inside the season folder that identifies the disc. If this disc has episodes 1-4 on it, then name the folder "S01E01-E04". You can add text before or after the episode identification if you like, but it is optional (such as "Lost S01E01-E04 season 1, disc 1").

Then, move your ripped disc contents into this new episode folder. Make sure that you include the VIDEO_TS folder from your ripped disc. For our example, you now have .VOB video files in "C:\Video\TV\Lost\Season 1\S01E01-E04\VIDEO_TS".

7. Image

8. Have Media Center Master fetch meta data for the series. It will pick up the "S01E01-E04" folder as DVD-type episode that has episodes 1-4 of season 1 and will fetch meta data accordingly.

9. Image

That's it, you're done!

Post subject: Re: How-to: set up T.V. on DVD
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2009, 9:14 am 
Flash Video

Brilliant addition Pete.

PostPosted: October 19th, 2009, 10:40 pm 
Flash Video

Thanks for adding this feature!

One thing that would make this much better is adding the show title above the summary paragraph. Right now it seems it shows the paragraphs in the right order but a bold title of the episode name above the paragraph would be a big improvement IMO.

Cheers.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2009, 7:00 am 
Developer/Owner

mbw2001 wrote:
Any chance this could be updated to not require a VIDEO_TS folder?
All my DVDs are ripped as ISO's so right now i just have an empty VIDEO_TS folder in there which messes up my player :(

It does't require one already. Just name your ISO appropriately:

C:\TV\Some Show\Season 1\S01E01-E04.iso (for S1 E1-4)

PostPosted: December 6th, 2009, 4:59 pm 
Flash Video

Question: does this work for Media Browser 2.1.3? Because I tried it and MCM retrieves the metadata correctly, but Media Browser only displays S01E01-04, etc with no metadata on the page. My TV DVD's are ripped to ISO format.

PostPosted: December 6th, 2009, 9:41 pm 
Developer/Owner

ilovejedd wrote:
Question: does this work for Media Browser 2.1.3? Because I tried it and MCM retrieves the metadata correctly, but Media Browser only displays S01E01-04, etc with no metadata on the page. My TV DVD's are ripped to ISO format.

I use that version of MediaBrowser too and it works fine for me. Show me your folder layout and the files for that DVD folder along with the contents of the mymovies.xml file that MCM generated for that disc. Also, please post in a new thread -- announcements and sticky threads are difficult to follow.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2009, 10:19 pm 
Flash Video

Pete wrote:
ilovejedd wrote:

I use that version of MediaBrowser too and it works fine for me. Show me your folder layout and the files for that DVD folder along with the contents of the mymovies.xml file that MCM generated for that disc. Also, please post in a new thread -- announcements and sticky threads are difficult to follow.

Nevermind. This seems to be a known behavior, possibly a regression. I was adding a feature request to the Media Browser tracker when I found this:
http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permal ... g-metadata

I'll just have to check if that actually got fixed when a new version of Media Browser is released. Thanks, though.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2010, 5:17 pm 
Xvid Movie

Hi Pete,

Would it be possible for you to add a few additional screens shots to this guide, particularly what exactly the episode folder contains, where the individual episode metadata is stored and what those files look like.

I've followed this guide exactly and although MCM pulls the metadata correctly, MediaBrowser does not display any episode metadata (series metadata is working as expected).

I'm stumped and would really like to get this working on my system.