Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently August 7th, 2020, 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Guide] Automatically add your media to iTunes
PostPosted: February 19th, 2013, 9:23 pm 
Xvid Movie

I was wondering does this script convert movies and tv shows at the same quality if so is there a way to do them differently as I use this for TV in handbrake now

-f mp4 -4 -X 1280 --loose-anamorphic -e x264 -q 20 -r 29.97 --pfr -a 1,1 -E faac,copy:ac3 -6 dpl2,auto -R Auto,Auto -B 160,auto -D 0.0,0.0 -m
---- i think I got the tv part figured out
but would like to use this for movies

-f mp4 -4 --loose-anamorphic -e x264 --rate 29.97 -q 18 --subtitle-forced --two-pass --turbo -a 1,0 -E faac,copy:ac3 -6 6ch,auto -R Auto,Auto -B 384,auto -D 0.0,0.0 -m -x b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50 -b 100

and it doesn't seem to add the meta data after conversion to the .mp4 or .m4v files. I have to got and add it in itunes.

Last edited by jjlavery on February 21st, 2013, 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2013, 2:08 am 
Downloaded Clip

I tested this yesterday and got this error msg

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Center Master\addShowToItunes.cmd" "\\DISKSTATION\video\TVSHOWS\Sons of Anarchy\Season 5\Sons of Anarchy - 5x01 - Sovereign.mkv" episode "Sons of Anarchy" "2012-09-11" "Sovereign" 5 1 05 01
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8
'\\DISKSTATION\video\TVSHOWS\Sons of Anarchy\Season 5'
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory.

UNC paths are not supported.  Defaulting to Windows directory.

Do you guys have a an absolute path, or I'm doing anything wrong?

Another question is that I'm almost sure that I have seen a way of make a quicker encode of an mkv file to mp4. It was almost as simple as rename the extension (yeah I'm simplifying it)
Do anyone seen this "trick" or know how to make a quicker conversion of mkv fils? The above show started at 11pm yesterday and now it is 9am.... Takes for ever...

Thanks,
perese

PostPosted: April 5th, 2013, 2:49 pm 
Downloaded Clip

perese wrote:

Another question is that I'm almost sure that I have seen a way of make a quicker encode of an mkv file to mp4. It was almost as simple as rename the extension (yeah I'm simplifying it)
Do anyone seen this "trick" or know how to make a quicker conversion of mkv fils? The above show started at 11pm yesterday and now it is 9am.... Takes for ever...

Thanks,
perese

After digging and tryout, I found a solution. This works only if you have mkv with h.264 video (and AC3 sound). My extension of the script will mux the mkv into an m4v container with additional aac 2ch sound track as number one and put the original (AC3) as number 2. With this method you preserve the video quality and get a quick m4v instead of doing the handbrake (which for me took long time). The m4v will play on AT2/3, iPad and iPhone and addition thru DS Video app (Synology Diskstation).

Attaching is a link to my modified script (hope this is OK, since I preserve all other features and credits) and you also need an ffmpeg Windows version (http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/). Store the ffmpeg.exe in same place as the other binaries.

You find the new addToItunes.vbs script here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14808745/addToItunes.vbs.zip

Enjoy

PostPosted: April 28th, 2013, 1:54 am 
Downloaded Clip

Hi SimplifyIt

I'm using your great script but having a problem with random TV Programs.

After the conversion to m4v the iTunes metadata part crashes and throws up the microsoft debugger pausing everything.

It doesn't happen for every episode, not even every episode in the same season.

It's very annoying as it stops all processing and while I'm away all week, nothing is converted after the first fail.

Post subject: Re: Automatically add your media to iTunes
PostPosted: August 15th, 2013, 12:15 pm 
Xvid Movie

I have just switched and setup according the the guide the addtoitunes script. it converts the file but doesn't add any meta data. any help would be great. is there a way to debug the steps and i don't know a lot about scripting but enough to get me in trouble so if someone can work through it with me would be grand.

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2013, 8:50 am 
DVD VOB

Hi

There are two issues that come to mind.

1. Is the Atomic parsley part of the script running ?
2. Is the "file" that its running on organised in ITunes. I if iTunes has arranged the file as, for example, C:\Users\MIKEP\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\TV Shows\Agatha Christie's Poirot\12-01 Three Act Tragedy.m4v it will not pick up the metadata from MCM to inject into the file. This is, I think, because there is no SHOW NAME before the Season Number.

This is why I have duplicates of my tV show, one set organised under MCM E:\Series\Agatha Christie's Poirot\Season 12\Agatha Christie's Poirot - S12E01 - Three Act Tragedy.m4v and the duplicate organised with iTunes.

This is they only way, I a complete novice and non scripter, managed to get the correct data injected into the iTunes series shows without error.

I hope this may help a little.

Regards

MikeP

PostPosted: August 29th, 2013, 6:05 pm 
Xvid Movie

Thanks for the reply. this is my setup.
iTunes is
Keep iTunes media folder organized is NOT checked
copy files to itunes folder when adding to library is NOT checked

Drive mapping
drive T: is for TV shows and MCM moves all tv to there and then the tv subfolder
drive M: is for movies and MCM moves the movies there and to the sub movie folder

I have made 2 separate scripts for MCM to use for converting 1 because I use different conversion setting for tv and movies, TV is set TV.vbs and Movies is movies.vbs
now both scripts work great up to the point where its suppose to inject the meta data. it doesn't hang or everything I removed the on error resume in the TV.vbs to try and debug but it just ends like everything is all good. so I think the issue is with atomicparsely. but I don't know how to debug that. So it does everything it's suppose to other than add the meta data. witch is located in the folder.

mikep wrote:
Hi

There are two issues that come to mind.

1. Is the Atomic parsley part of the script running ?
2. Is the "file" that its running on organised in ITunes. I if iTunes has arranged the file as, for example, C:\Users\MIKEP\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\TV Shows\Agatha Christie's Poirot\12-01 Three Act Tragedy.m4v it will not pick up the metadata from MCM to inject into the file. This is, I think, because there is no SHOW NAME before the Season Number.

This is why I have duplicates of my tV show, one set organised under MCM E:\Series\Agatha Christie's Poirot\Season 12\Agatha Christie's Poirot - S12E01 - Three Act Tragedy.m4v and the duplicate organised with iTunes.

This is they only way, I a complete novice and non scripter, managed to get the correct data injected into the iTunes series shows without error.

I hope this may help a little.

Regards

MikeP

PostPosted: November 10th, 2013, 5:27 pm 
Xvid Movie

OK after months of farting around with this script I finally figures out why atomic parsley wasn't working and it was my lack of knowledge. as so as I removed any spaces from file names atomic started to work. i must have combed through every how to on atomic parsley and missed that piece of info.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2013, 5:30 pm 
Xvid Movie

OK now the next step I need help with is. that the addtoitunes script is not adding the meta data the MCM has found. and as soon as I edit the script it stops working. so if someone that know this script well and I can converse with via email to tweak it would be fantastic. I am sure it is something simple if you know what your doing. thanks for the help in advance.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2013, 6:37 pm 
Xvid Movie

where does the script get the path of where the meta data is. from thefile variable. or from Itunes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next