Welcome to Media Center Master!
A free metadata and media organization solution for Windows Media Center.
Including support for MediaBrowser, XBMC, Boxee, Plex, Netgear NeoTV and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently August 1st, 2014, 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Media Center Master with XBMC?
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 1:51 pm 
Xvid Movie

Hi,

I have tested Media Companion but did not get it to work that well so now Im trying Media Center Master that looks really good!

What I need is :

• Map Video to IMDB
  • Store meta data from sites like IMDB
  • Store one backdrop(changable) and poster
  • Compability with XBMC(Openelec)

The openelec have already mapped some of the movies/shows but I intend to clear this as soon as Media Center Master have stored all the correct meta date that XBMC needs for each Movie/Share.

What I have done so far :

1. Add Move and TV-shows shares (3)
  2. Run right click > Fetch Metadata on all videos in the Media collection list.
  3. Right click > Convert to boxeset / group to plase sessons episodes under the series in the tree.

My questions :
  1. How do I check if the mapping is correct? I know that I can right click and Launch folder to see which folder it is but is this really the only way to check if its the correct movie/show?
  2. Media center adds alot of files to the video folderas like backdrops, fanart, folder, mymovies.xml and so on, is all this really needed for XBMC? For example how will XBMC handle 11 diffrent backdrops?
  3. Is it correct that mymovies.xml is the main file that XBMC will read?
  4. If I copy a new movie or epesode in to one of the shares, how do I get Media Center Master to map and download meta for this?

Post subject: Re: Media Center Master with XBMC?
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 3:40 pm 

1. If MCM can see it, then the mapping is correct for MCM. But that doesn't mean it's correct for XBMC or other devices. In a way MCM is self contained and is not dependent on an other software, but it's designed to format and configure itself to support third party Media Library management software. Just make sure you've configured the XBMC tab of MCM to your needs.

2. You can turn off as much as you can, but some files will always be generated and some of those might not be usable by XBMC. MCM was originally created to work with MediaBrowser. Now you can limit the number of backdrops in MCM configuration to whatever you want, but ultimately it's determined by what is available.

3. Never used XBMC but I'm sure it's the .nfo/.tbn files that are used by XBMC directly.

4. The best way to add new content to MCM is via the Download Parser, and once configured it will automatically pull all the info it needs on importation. But if you manually put them into your scan folders, just refresh your library and it will show in red [if no data, and yellow if some meta data is present] and you can manually pull the data for that media. MCM also can perform various automated checks and in time might pull further missing data.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 6:00 pm 
Xvid Movie

Rumbaar wrote:
1. If MCM can see it, then the mapping is correct for MCM. But that doesn't mean it's correct for XBMC or other devices. In a way MCM is self contained and is not dependent on an other software, but it's designed to format and configure itself to support third party Media Library management software. Just make sure you've configured the XBMC tab of MCM to your needs.

Okay? But this will mean that movies/shows that MCM is not recognized will not be in the "Media in your collection" list and there will be no simple way of adding it? When adding the shares to XBMC the files will be inspected, if there is meta data then this will be used, else it will try to map it itself(I think). I was running Media Companion before so this means that there might be movies/shows with meta data that is not shown in MCM, this will mean that these moveis/shows will be shown but might be shown as wrong movie/show? I dont really get how to use this in a simple way with XBMC? All I need is to get my movies and series shown on my XBMC with propert meta data.

Under XBMC tab there is only 4 checkboxes and thay are set to default(seem okay)

Rumbaar wrote:
2. You can turn off as much as you can, but some files will always be generated and some of those might not be usable by XBMC. MCM was originally created to work with MediaBrowser. Now you can limit the number of backdrops in MCM configuration to whatever you want, but ultimately it's determined by what is available.

Okay, so I have to investigate what the XBMC really demands, you do not got any guides on it?

Rumbaar wrote:
3. Never used XBMC but I'm sure it's the .nfo/.tbn files that are used by XBMC directly.

Okay

Rumbaar wrote:
4. The best way to add new content to MCM is via the Download Parser, and once configured it will automatically pull all the info it needs on importation. But if you manually put them into your scan folders, just refresh your library and it will show in red [if no data, and yellow if some meta data is present] and you can manually pull the data for that media. MCM also can perform various automated checks and in time might pull further missing data.

I don´t get it? I use my own programs to convert mediafiles to proper video formats, why would I have to involve a Download Parser to get it in to my library? What I need is to move the files to the share and then get MCM to run a update nad download the meta data. How do I do this?

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 10:38 pm 

Snowjim wrote:
Okay? But this will mean that movies/shows that MCM is not recognized will not be in the "Media in your collection" list and there will be no simple way of adding it? When adding the shares to XBMC the files will be inspected, if there is meta data then this will be used, else it will try to map it itself(I think). I was running Media Companion before so this means that there might be movies/shows with meta data that is not shown in MCM, this will mean that these moveis/shows will be shown but might be shown as wrong movie/show? I dont really get how to use this in a simple way with XBMC? All I need is to get my movies and series shown on my XBMC with propert meta data.
Well as long as your movies and/or TV series are all contained within a master folder MCM will automatically scan any sub-folders and add them to the MCM library. So all your movies are in say e:/movies it will pick up all your movies under that master folder. You wont have to do anything special, other than have them in separate folders for each movie title. Same goes to TV series

Snowjim wrote:
I don´t get it? I use my own programs to convert mediafiles to proper video formats, why would I have to involve a Download Parser to get it in to my library? What I need is to move the files to the share and then get MCM to run a update nad download the meta data. How do I do this?
The Download Parser's job is to automated the filing, sorting and gathering of meta data for your new media. You set the path for movies and it takes current paths for TV series and automatically renames them to your settings and gathers all the applicable data.

You can of course manually add them to your base 'scan folder' folders. But you'll have to manually trigger the meta data gathering and force renaming of the titles and folders. Which the download parser does automatically. This is a premium feature.

PostPosted: December 24th, 2011, 12:01 am 
Beta Tester

Snowjim wrote:
Okay, so I have to investigate what the XBMC really demands, you do not got any guides on it?

there is a guide in the wiki full of lots of information. here are a few links regarding to some of your questions.

Concerning Issues Using XBMC with Media Center Master
http://www.mediacentermaster.com/wiki/i ... ter_Master

Media Center Master's Meta-data and Image Files vs. XBMC's Database
http://www.mediacentermaster.com/wiki/i ... s_Database

Media Center Master's "XBMC" Tab Settings
http://www.mediacentermaster.com/wiki/i ... b_Settings

PostPosted: December 24th, 2011, 2:17 am 
Xvid Movie

Rumbaar wrote:
Well as long as your movies and/or TV series are all contained within a master folder MCM will automatically scan any sub-folders and add them to the MCM library. So all your movies are in say e:/movies it will pick up all your movies under that master folder. You wont have to do anything special, other than have them in separate folders for each movie title. Same goes to TV series

But if the MCM do not find a movie/show to map against what happens then? Will it still be added to the list of MCM or do I have to manually add them somehow?

Rumbaar wrote:
The Download Parser's job is to automated the filing, sorting and gathering of meta data for your new media. You set the path for movies and it takes current paths for TV series and automatically renames them to your settings and gathers all the applicable data.

You can of course manually add them to your base 'scan folder' folders. But you'll have to manually trigger the meta data gathering and force renaming of the titles and folders. Which the download parser does automatically. This is a premium feature.

Okay, I thought it had somthing to do with torrent clients. Why whould I want to force renaming of the titles and folders? All I want is the new movie to get proper meta data, if its pointing to a imdb post or not does not matter for me.

PostPosted: December 24th, 2011, 4:28 pm 

Snowjim wrote:
But if the MCM do not find a movie/show to map against what happens then? Will it still be added to the list of MCM or do I have to manually add them somehow?
Not sure what you're asking here. You define base scan folders for MCM to monitor/scan and it scans that folder and any sub folders. Just ensure all your media is contained within a base folder ie /movies /TV and it will automatically detect all media within.

Snowjim wrote:
Okay, I thought it had somthing to do with torrent clients. Why whould I want to force renaming of the titles and folders? All I want is the new movie to get proper meta data, if its pointing to a imdb post or not does not matter for me.
Well you don't have to force or rename anything, but without at least the base correct name MCM will not be able to automatically scan for and gather the data for that media. Then renaming it to include certain information is your prerogative. Most people like to have their media correctly name and include some information with it ie Conan the Barbarian (2011).mp4 or /Seinfeld/Season 1/Seinfeld - S01E01 - The Seinfeld Chronicles.avi

From reading back your first post are you configuring your TV series' correctly?

They should be, for examples

//base TV folder where all other TV series are/Series Name/Season xx/Series Title - SxxEyy.ext

To ensure MCM detects them as a TV series and is able to process them correctly.

movies are, for example

//base movie folder where all other movies are/movie title/movie title.ext

PostPosted: December 28th, 2011, 7:05 pm 
Xvid Movie

Okay lets start from the beginning.

I am looking for a Media Manager that will generate proper metadata and drownload posters for my media library(Movies/TV Shows). This library will be used by XBMC over the local network. I do not want XBMC to do the scanning, instead I need all the meta data to be saved in the library(like media managers does).

I have started Media Center Master and added the shared folders(TV shows and Movies)

I have setup the XBMC tab.

I have fetched meta data for all movies and TV shows that is in the list of MCM.

Now I got a couple of questions :

1. MCM founds a TV Show and its sesons and episodes, but the episodes it yellow and there is no episode text? How to I get meta data for these episodes? Right click and Fetch meta data does nothing? And Fetch meta data on the TV Serie it self do also nothing?
  2. I got a video clip that is named for example "Titanic Born In Belfast" or "National Geographic Egypt Secrets Of The Dead", this is not shown in the MVM list but it does exists in one of the shared folders that MVM works with? Why is this not in the list and how can I know which movies that is not in the list when using a large library? And how could I add it manually(even if its not on IMDB)?
  3. I Supse that MCM can map a videoclip wrong as all other Media Manager programs so how do I keep track of this? In other programs I can clearly see the name of the vide clip file and the title that the program have mapped it with, how do I do this in MCM and how do I change the mapped movie if needed? And how do I avoid MCM to update and write over my manually added data on the next scan?

I would be greatful If you explain in detail how to accomplish this, The GUI of MCM is not that easy for a newbie.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2011, 1:12 am 

I would recommend checking out the Wiki/Docs it should point you in the right direction, if you are a little lost. Also searching the forums can yield a wealth of information.

1. Please supply a log of the instances that you get MCM not returning data.

2. All content within the scan folders should show up. Even if it can't find anything on it initially, it will show as a red entry. It must have something to do with the name of the item or it's folder structure. Exact examples will help in this instance, without examples we can be hard pressed to help.

3. Access the Media Organizer [ctrl+m] or right click on entry and choose the Media Organizer from the menu.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2011, 4:43 am 
Xvid Movie

Hi,

Here is a log of one of the series

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in before you can view hidden messages

And this is how MCM looks like :