Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently November 19th, 2017, 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Few General Questions About MCM
PostPosted: September 13th, 2017, 3:08 pm 
Xvid Movie

Hey Guys -

I've used MCM (the full version) for at least 3 years now and consider it the best of it's field. With the size of my library, it's something I use multiple times a day. Despite all of this use, there are still a few things I can't figure out so thought I'd post to ask.

1. Episode-Level Scanning
One of my profiles is specifically for TV Shows. Whenever a new show is added, it appears as "Unfetched" until I choose to "Fetch Metadata" for the show. I have wanted to configure auto scanning of all my shows to occur on a schedule so that all would stay up to date. However, when I choose to run "Run episode-level auto-scan now" from the Tools menu (which I assume is the same process scheduling it would execute), I can see it process shows, but when reviewing the shows after scanning, I still have episodes showing "Unfetched."

2. Suggested Setting for Threads
The PC that runs MCM has an i7 3770k @4.2Ghz, 32gb of RAM, MCM installed on an SSD, but media stored in a disk pool of 5400rpm disks. I currently have threads set to "4." Is that suggested or could I go much higher?

3. YouTube Trailer Downloading
Roughly half of the movies I fetch do not automatically fetch/download a trailer which I have MCM configured to do. Of the half that do not fetch it, I locate a trailer on YouTube, copy it's URL, then use the trailer prompt feature to manually enter a URL. Half of the time, this downloads the trailer successfully while the other half I get an error about YouTube may have changed it's formatting or something. For ones that fail when I paste in a URL, I can successfully download using another program like IDM or 4K Video. Will this ever be resolved so that the chance of automatically grabbing trailers is better and/or a better chance of manually entering a URL works?

4. Suggestions / Feedback
Not really a question, but even though it seems MCM hasn't had new features added any time recently, I wanted to throw in a few things that I'd like to see - many of them I'd think would be fairly simply to add.
- Context menu option to visit IMDB link of selected movie
- Support for Deluge Client Integration (besides blackhole)
- Update torrent sources in Settings
- Additional column / field for both RottenTomatoes Rating (In addition to IMDB Column)
- Radarr implementation!!! (Primarily ability for once a movie is fetched, to add it to Radarr as well as it's path)

My Environment
- Media Center Master 2.16 11117.1299
- Windows 10 x64 Enterprise
- OS & Apps installed on SSD
- Media files / folders on 46tb Disk Pool (Stablebit)
- Folder Structure
- Movies
- "Title (Year) Quality" (Folder)
- "Title (Year) Quality.ext" (File)
- TV Shows
- "Show Name" (Folder)
- "Season X" (Folder)
- "ShowTitle S01E01 EpisodeName.ext" (File)

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: A Few General Questions About MCM
PostPosted: September 13th, 2017, 4:13 pm 
Community Support

1. You would need to enable debug logging and post result to possible find the issue. I guess you mean they appear as "Unfetched" do to other programs placing media in library, correct?
There is a interval scan option. Application menu to enable. And Application-S&P-General to set interval.

Are you a Premium user or Free? If Premium I would have your media dropped into a watch folder and have the Download parser move the media into your library and that would eliminate the "unfetched" issue.

2, You can set it higher if you like but you will probably get bad result as shown in other topics. As TMDB API will blacklist your IP for to many request in x amount of time. Then you have to wait for them to in-blacklist you after x amount of time. IMDB Scraper can hang with to many request.

3. There is a iTunes Trailer update coming next release. What are your trailer options set to? I haven't had a issue with Allow 1080P adaptive option. Only errors I see is went there is a "Invalid Link" for bad link on TMDB.

4. There are already hyperlinks to TMDB and IMDB on the summary tab of selected media. Not obvious but just click the ID numbers.

Currently nothing come from Rotten Tomatoes.

KickAssTorrents is updated in next release.

https://github.com/psouza4/mediacenterm ... +%21%21%22

Debug logging
Help-Debug-Show developer-level debug messaging

stable version 2.17.26917.859 / September 26th, 2017