Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently June 25th, 2018, 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bug with regards to "Folder cleaning"
PostPosted: March 9th, 2018, 6:30 am 
Banned

Huh, I don't get it. The files it says it's deleting (but toes not actually delete - and it shouldn't) are the Jpg's for each individual episode of a series. Could you please describe the problem so I understand how this is related to metadata, which I assume are the .nfo and xml and others if enabled?

I'm asking because I need to understand what will happen because re-writing all my xml's and nfo's will start a trigger of other consequences.

Another thing related to this error, it happens every time an episode is added to a TV series. But why would MCM check metadata for each and every episode of an TV series every time a new episode is added and metadata is downloaded for that episode? This can take some time for shows with many seasons and episodes, and in my case it will literally flood the log with these "fake delete messages" every time an episode is added. There is already a setting for a schedule for "auto scan episodes" which I believe check metadata for each show/episode, so why is this necessary? Please consider to change this so only metadata for the episode that is currently being added is checked/downloaded.

PostPosted: March 9th, 2018, 12:52 pm 
Developer/Owner

I have already explained what the issue is clearly and that a fix is coming soon. If log file spam from this feature is bothering you, disable automatic folder cleaning when fetching.

PostPosted: March 9th, 2018, 11:35 pm 
Banned

I don't get it, so why the unwillingness to give me an explanation that I can understand?

Is the issue that some characters is not escaped properly? If so I guess all the nfo's and xml's needs to be re-written right?

If that's the case I still don't understand why graphic files are being "deleted" by this?

Having written the code for this I'm sure all of this is clear to you, but just because it is that does not mean it's clear to "outsiders" with no insight into your source code.

As I wrote above, I need to know what to expect and if all my metadata will be re-written as that will trigger things outside of MCM.