Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently January 22nd, 2018, 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Managing home videos
PostPosted: December 11th, 2017, 10:44 pm 
Downloaded Clip

Hi, I have a few questions about managing home videos.

1. Why does MCM not detect folder.xml files? So far, the only way I can get MB2 to display metadata for folders in the folder structure is by renaming a movie.xml to folder.xml, and placing folder.xml files in each folder (except for the folders that contain the video files, they have to have a movie.xml file).

2. When editing movie.xml in the Metadata tab, is there anyway to display more fields (so I don’t have to open the file and edit it from there)? It would be good if there was an option to select the fields to display.

3. Is there a way to display the full folder structure (in the left pane) without converting folders to boxset collections, for when I want to extract and choose thumbnails for home vidoes/non-commercial content etc., without having to add collection.xml files to the folders? I can’t get the collection.xml to work with MB2.

4. There’s a setting “Automatically extract frames from video files if no artwork is found”. Is there a way to switch off all internet metadata fetching so MCM can be used to monitor home video folders to auto extract frames from newly added video files?

5. Do you have any tips for managing metadata for home vidoes/non-commercial DVDs etc., or is MCM not designed for that purpose? The “Extract and Choose Thumbnail” option is perfect for home videos.