Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently February 25th, 2018, 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Prioritizing downloads by sound type instead of picture?
PostPosted: February 7th, 2018, 9:49 pm 
Original BluRay

Is there any way to get MCM to request best sound quality rather than best picture? I'm good with 720p or 1080i for image, but I'd much rather grab a torrent that's in 5.1 or 5.0, not in 2.0 if possible.

Post subject: Re: Prioritizing downloads by sound type instead of picture?
PostPosted: February 8th, 2018, 2:06 am 
Developer/Owner

Eventually, I'll have a new engine that lets you super customize all the steps for prioritizing everything including how long to give up on certain preferences before moving onto 'lower' qualities (that you determine). That level of customization is going to really make things complicated for the basic user (and for me as a developer), so don't bet on it happening any time soon, but that's the end goal.

For now, you can fake it by repurposing any quality designations you aren't currently using, assuming there are any.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2018, 9:23 am 
Original BluRay

Pete wrote:
For now, you can fake it by repurposing any quality designations you aren't currently using, assuming there are any.

Not sure what you mean by this. I never use any form of SD so I could use that, but how would I be able to look for a specific sound format (Dolby Digital 5.0, 5.1, DTS, etc)? It's frustrating downloading a huge file only to find out it's only in 2.0 rather than full surround.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2018, 11:08 am 
Developer/Owner

w2irt wrote:
Pete wrote:

Not sure what you mean by this. I never use any form of SD so I could use that, but how would I be able to look for a specific sound format (Dolby Digital 5.0, 5.1, DTS, etc)? It's frustrating downloading a huge file only to find out it's only in 2.0 rather than full surround.

You literally just described the core problem here -- how would Media Center Master know, either? Just by the keywords in the title, which are often (even usually) missing.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2018, 1:11 pm 
Original BluRay

Pete wrote:
w2irt wrote:
Pete wrote:

You literally just described the core problem here -- how would Media Center Master know, either? Just by the keywords in the title, which are often (even usually) missing.

I'm not sure of the nuts and bolts of it, but I do know that when I go into a Torrent manually the sound format is usually described (AAC 2.0, Dolby Digital, etc). I don't know if it's possible to do anything with that, however. It's bad enough trying to find subtitles on certain shows, but I find 2.0 mixes are just muffled compared to something with a real center dialog channel.