Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently June 23rd, 2018, 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Missing 3D tags in NFO's
PostPosted: February 19th, 2018, 10:04 am 
Banned

I have an issue with 3D files not being recognized by Emby as 3D files as there is no 3d tags being coded in the .nfo. XML's seems to get the 3D tag Format3D, all my 3D files is hsbs coded and the xml's all have this tag:

<MediaInfo>
<Video>
<Format3D>HSBS</Format3D>
</Video>
</MediaInfo>

But Emby is reading my .nfo's and since they have no 3D tags at all the files are not recognized as 3D, even if they contain [hsbs] in the filename.

According to one of the devs at the Emby forum if I provide metadata it has to have the 3D tag, without additional metadata Emby would recognize the 3D file based on the "filename tag" [hsbs] but since I also provide metadata from MCM that metadata has to also provide the 3D tag.

Could we please have MCM generate the proper 3D tags in nfo's as well as in xml's?

Post subject: Re: Missing 3D tags in NFO's
PostPosted: February 19th, 2018, 12:45 pm 
Developer/Owner

At some point, Emby's default was to switch off movie.xml support and read .nfo's instead. If someone can gather up some specs for what they want in .nfo's so that we can support their changes, that'd be fine but the .nfo's that are currently being written for Kodi/XBMC are not compatible with the format that Emby used to want for movie.xml, so you'll likely be forced to choose one format or the other now.

As I understand it, there's an option somewhere in Emby to go back to using movie.xml files, but I'm not sure about that. I haven't touched Emby in very long a while and I'll probably need to do so again to find out what changes they've made (and for what reason, who knows?).

PostPosted: February 19th, 2018, 2:20 pm 
Banned

It would be great if you could add what Emby wants to the nfo, I'm using nfo's with Emby and it (mostly) works great except it does not recognize 3D files. This is what Emby want in the nfo:

<fileinfo>
<streamdetails>
<video>
<format3d>HSBS</format3d>

HSBS could of course be other 3D formats as well.

Would greatly appreciate if this could be added so I don't have to manually update 3D tags for my Emby server.

MCM already have all this info and since it's already writing the <format3d>HSBSTAB</format3d> tag to the xml it should just be a matter of writing trhe same tag to the correct section in the nfo :)

PostPosted: February 19th, 2018, 5:11 pm 
Developer/Owner

chjohans wrote:
It would be great if you could add what Emby wants to the nfo, I'm using nfo's with Emby and it (mostly) works great except it does not recognize 3D files. This is what Emby want in the nfo:

<fileinfo>
<streamdetails>
<video>
<format3d>HSBS</format3d>

HSBS could of course be other 3D formats as well.

Would greatly appreciate if this could be added so I don't have to manually update 3D tags for my Emby server.

MCM already have all this info and since it's already writing the <format3d>HSBSTAB</format3d> tag to the xml it should just be a matter of writing trhe same tag to the correct section in the nfo :)

So I guess you're saying that the specs have not changed from what they want from movie.xml to movie.nfo -- because yes, we already do that (specifically for them back when they were MediaBrowser and earlier versions of Emby).

If that's the case, then you can literally just use a post-processing script to copy movie.xml to movie.nfo and everything will be fine. Just disable Kodi support.

I'm not going to bastardize the Kodi .nfo support by adding in non-Kodi fields to the .nfo, so we can either have one or the other.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2018, 9:38 pm 
Banned

Well, what I'm asking you to do is to (continue) to support Emby :)

They seem to use a quasi Kodi format for their .nfo's. "Over there" they're just pestering me to dump MCM and use Emby for metadata too, I chose MCM to manage my metadata precisely because it supported several platforms and gave me a choice.

Now Emby is one of the major media server platforms so please consider to continue to support it.

I really don't like the "rename" options as I'm sure I will run into more trouble doing that, it's not like the .nfo and the .xml is identical.

Any other solution to support 3D formats in metadata for Emby?

Right now I'm manually adding the 3D tag to my nfo's, but it's really not a preferred solution.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2018, 10:11 pm 
Developer/Owner

Yes, the other option was... specs for their format? I assume you have some links handy?

PostPosted: February 19th, 2018, 10:56 pm 
Banned

Come on now, you used to support Emby since it was Mediabrowser :)

No I don't have any links, your current .nfo (Kodi version) works fine except it needs the 3D tag.

PostPosted: February 20th, 2018, 12:24 am 
Developer/Owner

I'll go do the research then and find out what, if anything, has changed.

I figured as a user, you might know or have some resources handy. That's why I asked. It's always a good idea to help a developer out when you can.

PostPosted: February 20th, 2018, 5:13 am 
Banned

Pete wrote:
I'll go do the research then and find out what, if anything, has changed.

I figured as a user, you might know or have some resources handy. That's why I asked. It's always a good idea to help a developer out when you can.

Sure, not at all what I meant. I don't mind helping, not at all, I just read sarcasm in your post that probably were not there. :)

I have been using MCM with Emby, and before that with the pre-Emby Mediabrowser, almost for as long as I can remember. There has been very few problems with your .nfo until this 3D problem. So I really think you're good as it is, with the addition of the 3D info.

Haven't really found any doc of the Emby .nfo nor the .xml format, whenever I asked I pretty much got an answer saying "use Emby to generate the files and see for yourself".

Really, I don't mind helping if and when I can :)

Post subject: Re: Missing 3D tags in NFO's  [SOLVED]
PostPosted: February 20th, 2018, 6:10 am 
Community Support

I am no coder but it may be easier if we can submit a change to the Emby XML plugin to update this. The plugin needs updated to look at the existing <Format3D>HSBS</Format3D> in the xml sub-node.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/XmlMeta ... er.cs#L676

If we are unable to do that, making <Format3D>HSBS</Format3D> its own node resolves issue as the plugin will read it in the xml in my tests adding it.

But I will keep looking for the nfo info also.

I think this is what you need to look at for nfo.

here is the parser
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/bl ... oParser.cs

here is the saver
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/bl ... foSaver.cs

Debug logging
Help-Debug-Show developer-level debug messaging

stable version 2.18.13718.884 / May 17th, 2018