Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently December 12th, 2018, 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Missing 3D tags in NFO's
PostPosted: February 25th, 2018, 4:41 pm 
Banned

I think the Emby xml plugin already reads this tag, but it does not work, at least not when the .nfo exists. They also read the filename and if "HSBS" is part of the filename they assume it is a 3D HSBS format file. Except if metadata exists, and the metadata have no 3D tag, then they decide it's not 3D. I've asked for and proposed solutions in their forum, but I'm pretty much told just to abandon MCM and use Emby for metadata management too. And I'm not about to do that.

So now I'm manually adding the 3D tag to my nfo's. Hoping for a solution in MCM, in the mean time I'll look into writing a post-process script to add the tag

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 12:49 am 
Banned

Did some more digging into this. The Emby XML reader reads the <Format3D> tag, but it expects it to be under the main node and not under <MediaInfo> .... <Video>

Tried but they won't change this as it has "always" been this way.

Maybe MCM could write this under the main node, it should not hurt to have it both places?

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 3:05 am 
Community Support

chjohans wrote:
Did some more digging into this. The Emby XML reader reads the <Format3D> tag, but it expects it to be under the main node and not under <MediaInfo> .... <Video>

Maybe MCM could write this under the main node, it should not hurt to have it both places?

That would be the easiest fix.

Emby will fix it if a user is able to submit the code/pull request to fix it as it is a considered a community plugin now.

Debug logging
Help-Debug-Show developer-level debug messaging

stable version 2.18 (build 32818.738) / November 24th, 2018

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 3:28 am 
Banned

doug2h wrote:
chjohans wrote:

That would be the easiest fix.

Emby will fix it is a user is able to submit the code/pull request to fix it as it is a considered a community plugin now.

My understanding is that they don't want the expected location of the Format3D tag moved, and that would probably cause issues for someone else as it's "always" been the way it is in Emby. But I guess the Xml plugin could be modified to look for this tag in both locations.

But then someone with the skills to do so has to do it, and nobody seems interested....

The quickest fix would probably be if Pete could be kind enough to write this tag to both locations in the xml. That should not break anything.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 8:27 am 
Banned

To verify I duplicated the <Format3D> tag to the main node of the xml and Emby reads it just fine and now recognizes my 3D titles correctly. Now it this only could be automated.... :)