Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently June 25th, 2018, 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Content rating context menu / Native emby NFO read/editing
PostPosted: March 5th, 2018, 7:30 am 
Flash Video

Good afternoon, (or morning or evening depending on your location/time you're reading this)

I've always sorted my media into grownup tv, grownup movies, children's tv, and children's movies. As my children get older they obviously want to watch things that are more suitable to their age, I've noticed that some of my content (a large portion of it in fact) has no content rating. I'd like to get MCM to run through and update this on all of my titles, but I'm a little concerned about asking mcm to refetch all of the metadata.

If movies are part of a collection, for example fast and the furious, they are setup as:
The Fast and the Furious 1
The Fast and the Furious 2: 2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift

etc. and the same with other collections, my concerns come from the fact that i assume a re-fetch would blitz these custom titles and overwrite them, (especially as the folders mirror this, and that would cause the backup to double overnight.)

so my questions are:

Can a context menu be added to update content ratings for all the media? (With country setting set in preferences?)
Should I consider changing the way media is organised and let the age rating deal with all filtering?
Does MCM have a way of saving the old .xml/nfo files to a default location before overwriting them should I wish to restore them?
Finally, should I just let MCM loose and let it rename my entire media library to "proper titles" as listed on imbd?

Any help\feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Karl

edit: I am in the UK, and use emby as my front end.

Last edited by karldonteljames on March 7th, 2018, 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Updating content rating for all media
PostPosted: March 6th, 2018, 3:14 am 
Flash Video

I've "refeshed metadata" from within emby and that seems to have populated the missing items. Emby has generated nfo files for each of my media items. I think that MCM is still looking at the XML files. The reason I assume this is that there is are still a lot of movies without rating (within MCM) that are present within emby.

Is there a way of consolidating the two so that they share the same information? - This leads to my following post...

Last edited by karldonteljames on March 7th, 2018, 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Updating content rating for all media
PostPosted: March 7th, 2018, 2:39 am 
Flash Video

Would it be possible to get MCM to read and be able to edit the nfo files that emby has created? Ideally having the option to use either xml or nfo depending on a setting?