Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently October 19th, 2018, 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Problem between MCM and Kodi+Plex?
PostPosted: April 19th, 2018, 7:07 pm 
Original BluRay

I've got an annoying problem and I'm not even sure where to begin looking. MCM is set to download a few different series and then file them in their appropriate folders. 95 times out of 100 it works as it should, and when I go in to either Kodi or Plex and the title is there as it should be.

But every so often, a file is downloaded correctly, it's seemingly processed, renamed correctly and filed into the correct folder, yet neither Plex nor Kodi are able to find it.

And it's always a different show. Nothing I can do will cause Plex or Kodi to find the new show on its own when this happens. The ONLY way is in Kodi, to go to Files, TV shows, find the name of the show, the current season, and then I'll see the "not yet watched" dot beside the episode, then right-clicking and select "File to library" works more often than not.

Before I go down the painful rabbit hold of Kodi "support," does anybody know if there is something I can look for in MCM? Is it sending the correct signal to the players? If it was just Kodi I could understand, but it's also Plex doing the same thing at the same time—and because it's both of them, that's why I'm thinking it's something funny on the MCM side.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Problem between MCM and Kodi+Plex?
PostPosted: May 14th, 2018, 2:25 pm 
Developer/Owner

I have noticed this problem myself -- the XML export to .NFO is outputting blank data for no good reason. I'm currently investigating this, although the problem is much less frequent here (maybe under 1%).

PostPosted: May 14th, 2018, 2:46 pm 
High-Def MKV

I have found that if you download webtools for plex it will help find what is missing. My biggest issue with MCM and Plex is somehow either MCM is not changing the tv names before they get moved and Plex creates the metadata. So the show ends up having the name of what the file was called before MCM changed it to proper name.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2018, 2:51 pm 
Developer/Owner

bmbarnett wrote:
I have found that if you download webtools for plex it will help find what is missing.
My comment above was about Kodi/XBMC .nfo support. Plex support via my custom plex scraper (available at the main website) works fine with the base metadata and isn't what I'm describing here.

bmbarnett wrote:
My biggest issue with MCM and Plex is somehow either MCM is not changing the tv names before they get moved and Plex creates the metadata. So the show ends up having the name of what the file was called before MCM changed it to proper name.

This sounds like a different issue than what I described above and not related to Kodi at all. You'll need to demonstrate the issue, if you can and provide required Support Information, logs, etc.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2018, 3:34 pm 
High-Def MKV

Sorry. I was just trying to tell him another tool that helps show the difference between what Plex DB shows vs what movie and tv shows files he has.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2018, 4:32 pm 
Original BluRay

bmbarnett wrote:
Sorry. I was just trying to tell him another tool that helps show the difference between what Plex DB shows vs what movie and tv shows files he has.

It's still doing it from time to time, so if you ever find out what's causing it I'd love to get a fix for it.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2018, 5:11 pm 
High-Def MKV

Oh I have no clue how to fix it. I was just trying to show a tool that helps you find TV shows and movies that you have but for some reason Plex didn't add. I have had entire seasons not show up in Plex. The easy fix for me was to move them somewhere for a day and then move them back.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2018, 5:29 pm 
Developer/Owner

Are you using my MCM scraper and scanner both in Plex? Not neither or either?

PostPosted: May 14th, 2018, 6:09 pm 
Original BluRay

Pete wrote:

I honestly don't know. Where would I check? I use Kodi for 99.9% of viewing, but if my Kodi installation eats itself (it likes to do that every so often) I'll revert to Plex until I get it fixed.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2018, 8:29 pm 
Developer/Owner

w2irt wrote:
Pete wrote:

I honestly don't know. Where would I check? I use Kodi for 99.9% of viewing, but if my Kodi installation eats itself (it likes to do that every so often) I'll revert to Plex until I get it fixed.

Plex lets you install third-party agents and scanners, like the one I wrote for MCM to work with Plex. If you don't know, you definitely haven't installed it. There's a direct download link for the MCM Plex Agent & Scanner at the main Media Center Master website (hover over the Download menu). This includes a setup program to install the scanner and agent files in the correct plugin folders for your Windows installation of Plex. If you use a Linux or MacOS-based version of Plex, you'll have to install the scanners and agent manually using the raw files (different download link, same location).

Once installed, they'll appear as an option in your movie and TV folder options in Plex.