Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently October 19th, 2018, 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No Titles Appear / Freezing / CPU Usage / Scores 0.0
PostPosted: August 28th, 2018, 11:11 am 
Xvid Movie

Good Afternoon -

I initially had this post in "Bug Reports", but moved it here since I think it fits better plus hadn't received any replies

I'm experiencing a couple of frustrating issues which I wanted to report and hopefully find a solution for. Details for each are listed below. To note, I recently renewed my MCM license and when doing so I decided to completely uninstall MCM, remove any trace of it in the registry and file system, then download and install from scratch in hopes the issues would be resolved. Unfortunately, they persist.

Note: My profile has 5000+ titles in it which I'm sure is a big contributor to the below issues. Still, other apps like TinyMediaManager had no issue with that amount.

Issue #1: Frequently Get "There are no media titles in any of your scan folders" When I Shouldn't
When viewing titles in MCM and they are sorted by date, if I choose to sort them by name, about 50% of the time the titles disappear and I'm left with the main pane stating "There are no media titles in any of your scan folders." This also occurs ~50% of the time if I switch between flatten view being enabled. It's more rare, but sometimes this occurs at launch as it did while I was typing this post. Below is a screenshot showing the error although in the log to the right you can see it loaded the titles.
Attachment:
File comment: "There are no media titles in any of your scan folders." Screenshot is from launch, but same thing occurs frequently after sorting. Has occurred for months
MCM1.jpg
MCM1.jpg [ 205.08 KiB | Viewed 127 times ]

Issue #2: Freezing
There was a ~2 week gap before I renewed my license, so selected about 50 titles and choose to Fetch Metadata. Out of the 3 times I've done this now, it freezes about 3-4 titles in and for different ones. Fetching Metadata for individual titles including ones it stops on works fine. I must end task and restart MCM. Yesterday, I let it sit for over an hour while frozen, but nothing changed including the title it was fetching in the lower right. MCM also freezes whenever I right click on a column to edit which ones to display. This can be reproduced every time and nothing appears in debug logs.

Issue #3: CPU Usage During Idle
I found since I reinstalled that if I launch MCM and leave it - without choosing to do any action nor one scheduled (log shows nothing), CPU usage hovers between 15-20%. I left it like this last night around 5:00pm. At 8:00pm it was in the same state using the same CPU. This morning, it was back to normal. Didn't notice this prior to reinstall.
Below is example #1 showing 18% CPU usage 20+ minutes after the last title was fetched and nothing else appearing in the log on the right...
Attachment:
File comment: screenshot showing 18% CPU usage 20+ minutes after the last title was fetched and nothing else appearing in the log on the right...
MCM2.jpg
MCM2.jpg [ 421.37 KiB | Viewed 127 times ]

Example #2 is after a clean launch where I waited for profile to load but didn't do anything else like fetch once complete. 20 minutes after it loaded, MCM is still using 9% - 20% CPU. The last logging (with debug enabled) hasn't changed since the profile loaded. Process Lasso usually shows processes called by MCM alongside it (like vidinfo.exe) when in use, but as you can see only MCMStubLauncher.exe is present. What are the threads doing?
Attachment:
File comment: Example #2 - Clean launch and waited for profile to load but didn't do anything else like fetch once complete. However, 20 minutes later and MCM is still using 9% - 20% CPU. The last logging (with debug enabled) hasn't changed since the profile loaded. Process Lasso usually shows processes called by MCM alongside it (like vidinfo.exe) when in use, but as you can see only MCMStubLauncher.exe is present. What are the threads doing?
MCM3.jpg
MCM3.jpg [ 302.66 KiB | Viewed 116 times ]

Issue #4: Scores are all 0.0
This may be due to a misconfiguration, but all titles are returning "0.0" as their score in the log to the right and it's empty in the main pane per title. I've tried a variety of fetchers and settings, but cannot get them to appear.

As mentioned, I have a rather large collection of movies - 5,000+ currently - which I'm sure has something to do with the issues. All movies are on a single 43.5tb drive (12 disk Drivepool). I also have the option selected to show slow UI columns, however; use them so must have it enabled. I did see and apply the performance tweaks from an older post that applied to me.
Most were network related, though. Finally, below is a single image which you can open and zoom in on that shows all relevant settings for my profile if it helps at all:
Attachment:
File comment: A single image displaying all relevant MCM settings for my profile
MCMSettings.jpg
MCMSettings.jpg [ 1.26 MiB | Viewed 116 times ]

Please let me know what (if anything) I can do to resolve any of these issues. At this point, I'm about to go back to TMM as it's frustrating.

System Specs
- I7-3770k OC'd to 4.40Ghz
- 32gb RAM
- Installed to SSD / Media on 42.3tb DrivePool
- Windows 10 x64 (1809)
- MCM 2.18 build 13818.935 / Premium Version

Thank You