Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently June 16th, 2019, 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HEVC/x265 - 4K Content - Quality < 100
PostPosted: October 13th, 2018, 8:22 am 
Flash Video

I read through several threads pertaining to this issue. There was at one point a bug on your GitHub site marked resolved (https://github.com/psouza4/mediacenterm ... ssues/1818) where you stated:

Quote:
"fixed" is entirely relative. You may want to tell me what kind of rating you're expecting to see with what kind of video details. Simply having an x265 video won't skyrocket its quality rating to 100% as there are other factors such as resolution, bitrate, framerate, audio quality, etc. to consider.

What changed was the algorithm that calculates this quality rating lets the x265 codec get higher ratings with lower bitrates than x264 or other codecs because it's literally a high-efficiency codec.

I was wondering if you could clarify that. I know for Standard HD BluRay you need a min of H.264/x264, 1920x800 or 1920x1080 @ 4 Mbps or higher and a DTS-HD MA audio track.

What constitutes a Quality of 100 for 4K content?

I also own DTS-HD Master Audio Suite and will extract Atmos/True-HD tracks and include an 7.1 DTS-HD MA audio track along side the Atmos/True-HD track. Occasionally during a fetch MCM won't detect the Atomos/True-HD track even though I make sure the Atmos/True-HD track comes before the DTS-HD MA one.

Post subject: Re: HEVC/x265 - 4K Content - Quality < 100
PostPosted: November 8th, 2018, 6:16 pm 
Flash Video

Here's an idea. What if MCM were to increase the cap? 100 means a bit perfect 1080p transfer or whatever. Maybe 150 includes lossless Atmos or something? 200 is where 4K begins, and it just adds on points for each audio and video thing? Maybe bit-perfect 4K transfers are 400? The advantage of doing it this way is your existing scale still works. And MCM will be able to better judge when it should download a better copy of your movies?