Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently December 12th, 2018, 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Subtitles still don't work, every other access non paid, WTF
PostPosted: October 30th, 2018, 10:15 pm 
Downloaded Clip

Is anyone else getting this. I obviously use vpn's like everyone else with a brain. Legit "re-registered" yesterday. This is my only computer. Paid for software that was supposed to give me subtitles and then some. All it gives me is you have a free version and pound sand. I'm pretty livid now. What alternatives are there available?

Post subject: Re: Subtitles still don't work, every other access non paid,
PostPosted: November 5th, 2018, 1:46 am 
Downloaded Clip

Happens to me once in a while. I just go to the licensing option and simply click done. That almost always insta fixes it for me.

Post subject: Re: Subtitles still don't work, every other access non paid,
PostPosted: November 30th, 2018, 4:41 am 
Original BluRay

There's more than one way to skin a cat. Don't get frustrated my friend. MCM is an amazing tool with thousands of moving parts under the hood, and it's dirt cheap.

For those shows (TV/Movies) that don't have subs, I add them manually. I've been doing it this way for years. There are just to many variables, I just couldn't expect software to search the universe and correctly find the sub that will be perfectly aligned with a video file that came from another part of that universe.

If it's a movie, we go subscene.com and look up the movie and find the best match (by file name). If it's a TV Show I go to addic7ed.com. Once I have my best guess for the correct sub I try it with the movie. If it is aligned correctly then I add it to the MVK file using MVKTookNix. There is nothing more frustrating then sitting down to view and having messed up subtitles, so we fix them upfront.

One approach is to try and download files that have subs included in their MKV. If you are using torrents, some dudes are known for including subs with all the uploads. This could be added in the Settings/Download tab as a "must include". Sites like RARB have a "MediaInfo" link in the left column that allows you to see if a file has a sub (text) included.