Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently March 18th, 2019, 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Lots of ffprobe processes running at 100%
PostPosted: December 15th, 2018, 9:01 am 
Xvid Movie

On the trailers tab, I only had "Automatically download trailer videos" checked, and at the bottom, the radio button for "with the movie as a moviefile-trailer.ext". No options for recoding trailers is enabled that I can tell.

Attempt to tag is not enabled.

Since disabling download trailers and deleting the 2 trailer.mp4 files that I knew were causing a problem, I have had no ffprobe processes hanging and running up the CPU. I'll leave it this way through Tuesday to see what happens with new releases.

PostPosted: January 14th, 2019, 10:20 pm 
High-Def MKV

I have been having similar issues with FFprobe lately.

When I fetch certain titles, MCM has a hard time properly downloading the trailer. The client GUI makes it seem like everything worked fine. But the trailer file is not renamed properly, and it is locked from any changes until the FFProbe process is terminated. At this point I am unable to play the file.

It is starting to happen with more and more titles lately.

The only thing I use this program for anymore is renaming files/folders and downloading trailers, as everything else has broken over the years. Appears even this is now broken.

Very frustrating. "Lifetime license" my ass. Nothing has been fixed in this program in years.

PostPosted: February 15th, 2019, 2:29 pm 
Flash Video

Sadly I'm seeing the ffprobe issue as well. Locked threads taking cpu resources, failure to download/process trailers into the trailer folder (no re-encode, just download and move), etc. Would LOVE to see a resolution to this one since everything else is working well that I use it for.

I tried to download newer binaries of ffprobe and ffmpeg but as soon as i open the app it "updates" those to older versions MCM is looking for, both of which are considerably older than the current versions.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2019, 4:20 pm 
Downloaded Clip

I reverted to the last version of MCM (1818.1010) and disabled autoupdates and its working for me for right now. With the current release ffprobes made the software useless.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2019, 12:28 pm 
Flash Video

Also, for those that care, I downloaded the most current versions of the ff binaries, overwrote the existing ones in the bin folder then canceled when MCM tried to download them again at startup (even when auto update is disabled for some reason) and it's working fine. Not sure why the app keeps trying to download them when autoupdate is turned off but as long as I cancel before it can finish those 2 files it works ok without the cpu threads locking at 100%. Or, you can revert back a version but if you needed the bug fix in themost current version this is a temporary workaround until Pete can compile with the new ff binaries.