Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently March 23rd, 2019, 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'd love to pay for this or donate, but...
PostPosted: January 6th, 2019, 5:47 am 
Downloaded Clip

Strike 1. Deleting the post just proves my point.

Who would commit money to faulty software. It seems to maybe have gotten too big for it boots. Waaay too many features when basic stability hasn't been addressed in at least a year.

You're lucky alot of the time to get a stable single run, let alone ongoing reliable usage.
I've read through forums trying to find solutions to problems, but devs and mods are really rude, more concerned about forum bureaucracy than fixing issues and simply aren't fixing dramas.

May I suggest, if you were to simplify the software to perform less functions. Like keep it to the main requirements such as organizing media, renaming and providing posters and XMLs etc. And work on a solid RC or even a published release.

I WOULD PAY FOR THIS!

In the meanwhile, I may just plug away while it's free, but I could never donate nor endorse this software.
Take as an insult (which it seems you're more likely to do), or take it as valuable feedback, it's up to you.

Regards

Post subject: Re: I'd love to pay for this or donate, but...
PostPosted: January 6th, 2019, 6:02 pm 
Community Support

Sorry if your post got deleted during the removal of spam topics.

Debug logging
Help-Debug-Show developer-level debug messaging

stable version 2.19 (build 7819.742) / March 19th, 2019

PostPosted: January 17th, 2019, 6:03 pm 
Xvid Movie

agoodpaddlin wrote:
Strike 1. Deleting the post just proves my point.

Who would commit money to faulty software. It seems to maybe have gotten too big for it boots. Waaay too many features when basic stability hasn't been addressed in at least a year.

You're lucky alot of the time to get a stable single run, let alone ongoing reliable usage.
I've read through forums trying to find solutions to problems, but devs and mods are really rude, more concerned about forum bureaucracy than fixing issues and simply aren't fixing dramas.

May I suggest, if you were to simplify the software to perform less functions. Like keep it to the main requirements such as organizing media, renaming and providing posters and XMLs etc. And work on a solid RC or even a published release.

I WOULD PAY FOR THIS!

In the meanwhile, I may just plug away while it's free, but I could never donate nor endorse this software.
Take as an insult (which it seems you're more likely to do), or take it as valuable feedback, it's up to you.

Regards

So to summarize you don't like the software because.... of what? See a lot of rant here but no specifics. I've been using it for years and while there are certainly areas for improvement (all software can be improved) it works very well for my large library.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2019, 12:44 pm 
Downloaded Clip

Not jacking this thread but as a long time (periodic) yearly subscriber whose most recent license just expired, I too have concerns. Although the program may work on your large library, as indicated by the number of current issues on both the forum and actual issue tracker, this is not the case for many users. The lack of updates, issues like broken subtitles and the ever annoying "contains no media" issue is what is stopping me from renewing my license. This doesn't include the fact that every time I open the app, it tries to update half my library. Also the media info is not saved, parsed or whatever - half my titles show an error under Audio and Subtitle Language. These are all issues that others have pointed out. As I said, I have supported this program in the past and I would like to do so again.

A related anecdote: I wrote an in-house app for a company I worked for. I used it for 6 months without any issues before my boss would let me roll it out. The very first day I did, one of my users literally grabbed the mouse and crashed the program. Her nick-name became "Christine the Computer Killer". Despite her sobriquet, she was not at fault. There was a bug in the software that under normal use was undetected but she found it.

MCM is not "broken" but it's not "fixed" either.