Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently May 20th, 2019, 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Warning: this video file has invalid data
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2019, 8:53 pm 
Downloaded Clip

I'm getting this warning for every episode/movie I download or MCM locates torrent to DL.

Warning: this video file has invalid data. This frequently happens when the video is loaded with spyware (fake codec) and it is recommended that you re-download
it without attempting playback. It is being skipped for now, per your configuration.

Post subject: Re: Warning: this video file has invalid data
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2019, 8:59 pm 
Community Support

There are options on the Torrent menu if you feel they are safe.

Inspect torrents for suspicious trackers
Disable all torrent virus protection

What site are they coming from?

Debug logging
Help-Debug-Show developer-level debug messaging

stable version 2.19 (build 7819.742) / March 19th, 2019

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2019, 10:36 pm 
Downloaded Clip

I've tried different sites for torrents. That option you've suggested is already unchecked. I just started experiencing this yesterday. I've checked on another computer, to make sure the files play and they did with no issues but before I did that Just for extra precaution, I did scan the files with my antivirus, and Malwarebytes and they didn't pick up anything. So I'm not sure why it's doing this for every file.

Attachments:
torrent.JPG
torrent.JPG [ 99.66 KiB | Viewed 234 times ]
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2019, 11:08 pm 
Community Support

So you would need to enable the "Disable all torrent virus protection" option then.

Debug logging

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2019, 12:15 am 
Downloaded Clip

I tried checking it again. Saved changes and got the same results. just to be sure I closed the program, opened it back up and tried it again getting the same message.

Attachments:
torrent1.JPG
torrent1.JPG [ 28.2 KiB | Viewed 231 times ]
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2019, 12:40 am 
Community Support

Okay your are talking about the parser not the downloader.

Can you post your Support Information. But to me that would point to a issue with your ffmpeg/ffprobe or vidinfo.

But you can tell the parser to "parse as usual" if you like as it is set to skip right now.

Application-S&P-Download Parser

Debug logging

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2019, 1:46 am 
Downloaded Clip

I guess it would be the Parser. after the videos are downloaded, and I'll repeat, this particular issue only started happening Friday afternoon where once the files are downloaded and waiting in my completed downloads folder waiting for MCM to do what it's meant to do and why I pay monthly to use this software. Taking the file, renaming it and putting it in the correct folder suddenly it's not wanting to do what it's supposed to do. It is refusing to rename and move the videos. I've tried adjusting the settings you've recommended already a few times prior to your suggestion. At first, I thought it may actually be bad files so I deleted them following the MCM's recommendation with the warning and got the video's from different trusted sources and I get the same warning with over 30 different files. Every file I've obtained I get the same warning. And I'll repeat, it's happening weather it searches for the torrent or I add the torrent myself. It's claimed every single file I've obtained since Friday afternoon has invalid data.
Frankly, I'm at my last draw with this program. I pay monthly and always have problems and end up managing my files manually which defeats the purpose of paying to use this. previously It would give me issues with tv shows claiming the shows aren't recognized and need to be mapped or something to that effect suggesting I use the T.V Series Detection Overrides feature when the shows are already added where a restart of the program sometimes helps, but usually I just have to do those particular shows manually. with no valid support options through this only recommendation I've already stated I've tried.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2019, 1:58 am 
Downloaded Clip

I did try the parsed as usual option, but I feel that's only putting a bandaid on the issue. It still shows the warning, but it is renaming and moving the file. I appreciate the time you've put in trying to assist me with this however I feel I won't be paying to use this software any further. The time I put in managing the particular shows manually that it doesn't want to manage for no clear reason, the troubleshooting I put into working out bugs and the few times I've attempted to seek support on here with no real solution just workarounds I'm putting in more time than when I just manually managed all my files so it defeats the purpose of paying for software that's supposed to manage it for me.