Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently October 24th, 2018, 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Unable to manually add meta data and create .tag file
PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 3:11 am 
Flash Video

I'm trying to create a .tag (Netgear mediaplayer) meta data file when MCM cannot find any info to fetch.

I've looked through the wiki and the forums somewhat and I tried some stuff in MCM of course, but this is my issue:

Sometimes MCM can't find the title and reports back something like "I haven't got a clue what this is!".

Issue 1:
Fetching again as something else, so first tried as TV, then trying as movie, will do nothing. It will not fetch or start to fetch.

Issue 2:
I would like to get the details myself when possible (Amazon, etc.) and manually add them to the media.
2a) I cannot find a way to add meta data to a media item that wasn't fetched before.
2b) In the 'media organizer' popup I cannot find a way to manually open an empty set of meta data to manually fill.

Issue 3:
A .tag file is only created after a fetch operation. If I manually change any meta data there is no option to overwrite the current .tag file with a new one.

I hope someone knows a way around these or can tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Otherwise I hope Pete will take some of these change requests in consideration.

Post subject: Re: Unable to manually add meta data and create .tag file
PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 10:13 am 
Original BluRay

I have yet to find a video that couldn't be identified either from IMDB, Amazon or TVdb. Sometimes I've had to find them myself first, then use the IMDB or TVdb ID. Can you give an example of something it coudn't find?

If MCM can't find any movie details, simply create a dummy mymovies.xml file in the folder of that movie. Then MCM will let you manually enter data in the media organizer. Or if you use MyMovies you can take the xml file MMs created and use it.

Don't forget for editing TAGs, you can always revert to the Netgear Tag Tool.

But I agree, a way to edit the tag would be a nice addition. If you are like most of us, MCM is one of many tools in the Swiss Army knife of media utilities.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 10:26 am 
Original BluRay

Ok, creating a dummy xml file did not actually work. MCM complained about the structure. However, under Settings and Preferences, on the Movie tab is an option "Create blank metadata if no results were found". If you check that, then you can manually enter the metadata yourself as MCM will create a mymovies.xml file.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 12:12 pm 
Flash Video

Thanks.
Issue 1 didn't occur this time. :?
Issue 2 is solved by letting MCM create an empty mymovies.xml.

That just leaves the most important one and that is Issue 3. Now I have my folder.jpg and the meta data in mymovies.xml. I just need an extra option to use that to create/overwrite the .tag file.

BTW 1: Amazon isn't supported by MCM it seems (is it??) and NG's tag tools scraping of Amazon doesn't seem to work any longer.

BTW 2: It was 'Billy Connolly: Journey to the Edge of the World' which is on IMDB, but without an image. Amazon has a nice image. Used these two now... I haven't looked if this is good enough for the NTV 550. Maybe it is happy enough with the folder.jpg and the text from the tag file. If so, then I will be happy for now. I'll report back on that tomorrow.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 5:39 pm 
Community Support

RDC wrote:
BTW 1: Amazon isn't supported by MCM it seems (is it??) and NG's tag tools scraping of Amazon doesn't seem to work any longer.

Application -> Manage Fetchers and Plugins -> Movies, Primary or Movies, Secondary can both be set to Amazon.com

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 5:41 pm 
Original BluRay

BTW1: Yes, Amazon is supported, but you have to adjust your fetchers.

BTW2: Pull your text from IMDB and your poster from Amazon. It will look great on the Neo

PostPosted: December 5th, 2010, 4:37 am 
Flash Video

Thanks for pointing me to Amazon. I had to manually give it the IMDB ID, but that's okay. It fetched the image from Amazon, but it didn't say so in the log...minor detail though.
Code:
MCM:  talking to IMDB...
MCM:  searching by title/year...
MCM:        Billy Connolly - Journey To The Edge Of The World - Dvd1 ()
MCM:  talking to Amazon...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MCM:  No meta data exists, created a new one!
MCM:  No available poster
MCM:  Downloading and saving up to 2 backdrops...
MCM:  ... no backdrops were saved (there aren't any available)
MCM:  Created Netgear meta data files
MCM:  IMDB #tt1506332, TMDB #, "Billy Connolly: Journey To The Edge Of The World (series 2009)" ()
I still would like the possibility to manually add artwork and with that create a TAG file. That would be awesome. The reason for this is:
I have no control over the folder image that is fetched and used in the tag file. I can manually add a new folder.jpg, but there's still no way to use that to create a new tag file.

So I still wish for a manual action like 'recreate tag file based on current meta data and folder image'. If that was incorporated in MCM then it would be an excellent tool, now it's just a great one. ;)

I'm not looking to use other software to help me out any longer. MCM already does a great job. Thanks Pete!

PostPosted: December 5th, 2010, 8:17 am 
Original BluRay

RDC wrote:
Thanks for pointing me to Amazon. I had to manually give it the IMDB ID, but that's okay. It fetched the image from Amazon, but it didn't say so in the log...minor detail though.
Code:
MCM:  talking to IMDB...
MCM:  talking to Amazon...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MCM:  No meta data exists, created a new one!
MCM:  No available poster
MCM:  Downloading and saving up to 2 backdrops...
MCM:  ... no backdrops were saved (there aren't any available)
MCM:  Created Netgear meta data files
MCM:  IMDB #tt1506332, TMDB #, "Billy Connolly: Journey To The Edge Of The World (series 2009)" ()
I still would like the possibility to manually add artwork and with that create a TAG file. That would be awesome. The reason for this is:
I have no control over the folder image that is fetched and used in the tag file. I can manually add a new folder.jpg, but there's still no way to use that to create a new tag file.

So I still wish for a manual action like 'recreate tag file based on current meta data and folder image'. If that was incorporated in MCM then it would be an excellent tool, now it's just a great one. ;)

I'm not looking to use other software to help me out any longer. MCM already does a great job. Thanks Pete!

Make it a feature request and add it to the tracker. :)

PostPosted: December 5th, 2010, 10:21 am 
Flash Video

Done so. ;)

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2018, 3:26 am 
Downloaded Clip

thanks for sharing