Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently June 26th, 2019, 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where is Pete?
PostPosted: April 25th, 2019, 2:52 pm 
Downloaded Clip

Just checking in to see if anyone has heard from Pete? Is MCM still being actively developed?

I've noticed just in the past few months, MCM seems to be almost unusable. It hangs quite frequently, and I have to force quit and start it again.

Post subject: Re: Where is Pete?
PostPosted: April 26th, 2019, 3:27 pm 
Original BluRay

Dude I have posted and had very little response. Seems to me this thing is on autopilot. It does more harm than good lately which is really sad. When I first bought it, it was great. Now I spend hours fixing stupid stuff and manually have to put shows in myself. I have noticed (look for yourself you will see) tons of unsolved threads dating back December 2017!

One Example I have is I add a show then record and once done MCM processes the season. It will take a few episodes and do what you would expect then say to the other episodes, you dont have this show in your scan folders. If I copy the files over then use MCM to auto rename it does it without issue... ! So the program literally says yeah you have the show let me put in just a few but not most. Then if you put them in yourself the program will see them and say YEAH I know exactly what to do with those episodes! Sometimes if you exit and come back in it will process some of the episodes. You know if you hold your head right and gargle peanut butter while praying to the Easter bunny! :)

PostPosted: April 30th, 2019, 5:19 pm 
Original BluRay

Yep... Point made

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2019, 3:55 pm 
Original BluRay

Can you hear the crickets :)

PostPosted: May 27th, 2019, 10:46 pm 
High-Def MKV

Yah as far as I can tell Pete is gone. There are so many bugs in the program now it is sad.

All I really want a program to do at this point is rename folders/files and download the trailer.

Is there a good option just do to this for me?

PostPosted: May 28th, 2019, 12:33 pm 
High-Def MKV

Well, just in case anyone else is wondering for good alternatives...I have seen several people reference tinymediamanager in other various forums I participate in.

I downloaded last night and seems to do the trick for everything I need. Even without donating.(although I may donate anyway just because I don't want it to turn into the steaming pile of nonsense MCM has become even after lifetime memberships).

Not a huge fan of running on the insecure Java platform but I suppose it's not as insecure anymore now that almost every modern browser has disabled it.

Anyway, I know there are a lot of options out there to do this kind of thing but if you are looking for something similar to MCM that doesnt crash all the time I'd check out tinymediamanager. Will be uninstalling MCM now.

PostPosted: May 28th, 2019, 9:58 pm 
High-Def MKV

Yeah but does it auto download TV shows with utorrent? I need something that does that.

PostPosted: May 28th, 2019, 10:11 pm 
High-Def MKV

No it has no downloader. I've never used MCM's downloader. I use a seedbox as a buffer from ISP monitoring.

But, you can easily recreate MCM's downloading functionality.

Just sign up for an account at showrss.info. Add all the TV shows you want. Get your rss link. Add it to uTorrent. Done.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2019, 6:33 pm 
Community Support

I just received an update to the program, June 3, 2019. Pete is still around.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2019, 5:20 pm 
High-Def MKV

Robert d wrote:
I just received an update to the program, June 3, 2019. Pete is still around.

I am not sure an update to the program indicates Pete is still around. That could be any dev who has access to the distribution system.

In any case, there are still too many things broken with the program to make it usable.

Trailer downloading is broken most of the time. .NFO files still contain the IMDB movie ID in the TMDB ID tag which breaks all sorts of other stuff.

The parental rating still puts the word "Rated" into the rating even when short ratings is selected. And on and on and on.

The fact that Pete doesnt even have time to respond to a post asking where he is when all of this other stuff is going on gives the impression that he is either really gone or just doesn't give enough shits to actually make this product functional once again.

I dont even know why I both coming back to post here anymore. TMM seems to be way better today. They even just came out with a v3.