Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently August 21st, 2019, 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A simple task for a newbie. HELP!
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2019, 3:36 am 
Downloaded Clip

I have used FileBot in the past. Some times it works. Some times it doesn't. I decided to look elsewhere for my basic and simple need. I have files in various folders, but mainly in one in particular. I wish to drag those files to a program, MCM in this case, and have that program offer to stylize the file names according to my simple needs. The name, the series and episode number and then the title. If I can have minutes, quality and resolution, I will be gladly accepting this extra information.

Nothing else. Just that. Once renamed, I will move files to their final resting place.

MCM is a very powerful program. Maybe I am getting lost in the forest of features. I can't see the single tree with my needs. Is there a simple guide or even a thread here in this forum that I can read and learn to do this simple task? I went through the guides and they seem focused on this auto-processing way of doing things.

I will be thankful for any help. Please be patient with me. I am not a computer expert. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: A simple task for a newbie. HELP!  [SOLVED]
PostPosted: July 27th, 2019, 10:11 pm 
Developer/Owner

Media Center Master wants to do both parts for you (via the Download Parser feature). I read that you want to move these files to their final destination yourself but MCM doesn't want to remove that step from its process because it uses your library metadata as part of the rename step.

Take a look at the Download Parser feature.

Post subject: Re: A simple task for a newbie. HELP!
PostPosted: July 27th, 2019, 10:27 pm 
Downloaded Clip

Pete,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have some concerns with weird things that happened post install of MCM, including, for the first time in a decade or more of Win7 use that Windows Media Centre popped up on my screen. Very unwelcome. Now, I made another change after installing MCM and it's possible the other program was responsible for this unwelcome intrusion. I've finally made the decision to uninstall MCM.

I'm not happy with FileBot, but it does about 85 percent of what I'd wish it to do. is that better than 250 percent of what I want? Yes, I think so. The learning curve for the full panoply of features makes MCM not the right solution for my needs. The idea of having software anticipate all of my manual needs is not enticing. Guess I'm too old for new adventures in programming.

No need to reply to this. But it's good to know that if I change my mind, support is available. MD