Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently October 16th, 2019, 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to rename the actual files
PostPosted: August 8th, 2019, 11:03 am 
Original BluRay

Hi all,

I'm trying to process all 22 seasons of the original Top Gear. The files are arranged correctly in their folders, if I expand a season it MCM it shows the correct show names but the actual file names on the NAS shows only things like Top Gear - S05E03 instead of Top Gear - S05E10 - Dodge Viper.

Also it's not properly recognizing the specials, which I are using the format S16E00 - Middle East Special. It's saying to create an override, but I'm not sure what values I should be using for this.

Any idea how I can properly parse this entire folder?

Post subject: Re: How to rename the actual files
PostPosted: August 8th, 2019, 1:07 pm 
Community Support

If the series is identified you can right click and rename each episode or at Series level select rename and let it rename the entire series. But this should be happening automatically if you have folders and file renaming enabled on the Organization menu.

As for the special it is not S16E00 it is S00E34 as you have to use providerid.

Debug logging
Help-Debug-Show developer-level debug messaging

stable version 2.19 (build 23119.1014) / August 19th, 2019

PostPosted: August 8th, 2019, 2:19 pm 
Original BluRay

doug2h wrote:
If the series is identified you can right click and rename each episode or at Series level select rename and let it rename the entire series. But this should be happening automatically if you have folders and file renaming enabled on the Organization menu.

The series is correctly identified, all 22 seasons have their own folders and season posters, the regular episodes are all numbered correctly, etc. What's at issue is the actual file names of the .mkv files. If I expand the series within MCM all the titles are correct, but the filenames don't change for the video files themselves.

doug2h wrote:
As for the special it is not S16E00 it is S00E34 as you have to use providerid.

Not sure what providerid is or what to do with it. There are an absolute ton of TG specials and I don't know a way to identify all of them. Can this process be automated?

PostPosted: August 8th, 2019, 3:06 pm 
Xvid Movie

Do you have the Rename files too (videos and subtitles) checked under the Rename Folders during fetch option (which is under Organization tab, which is in the Preferences area)? Maybe uncheck, save, recheck, save then refetch.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2019, 3:14 pm 
Original BluRay

BigHappy wrote:
Do you have the Rename files too (videos and subtitles) checked under the Rename Folders during fetch option (which is under Organization tab, which is in the Preferences area)? Maybe uncheck, save, recheck, save then refetch.

I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Unrelated, is there any way to stop looking for episodes after a defined period of time? I have to go in to manually update the date, but would prefer to set it to about 2 weeks after initial airing since by then I'll have just watched the feed from my cable provider.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2019, 4:14 pm 
Community Support

Specials have to reflect the same numbers TVDB assigns them in Specials/Season 0. That is the only why you will get metadata for them.

Debug logging
Help-Debug-Show developer-level debug messaging

stable version 2.19 (build 23119.1014) / August 19th, 2019

PostPosted: August 9th, 2019, 3:10 am 
Community Support

Goto TheTVDB and find the series, check their specials folder.. renumber anything you have to match the ones listed there because "Scene" providers do not keep up with what they "should" be numbered as and more times then not will have them set to the wrong numbers or just don't care. If that is done then MCM will find them listed with those numbers (from where you download and have set as the "watch folder") and process them correctly. Sometimes there are things you have to do manually.

DELL XPS SE 8930 / I7-8700 CPU - 3.20 Ghz / 16G RAM / Win10 Pro x64 /
250GB SSD, 2TB, 3TB, 3TB HDD, 1TB USB 3.0 HDD / nVidia GTX 1070 8GB DDR5 / WDTVLive SMP Gen3

PostPosted: August 9th, 2019, 9:38 am 
Original BluRay

Tolerant wrote:
Goto TheTVDB and find the series, check their specials folder.. renumber anything you have to match the ones listed there because "Scene" providers do not keep up with what they "should" be numbered as and more times then not will have them set to the wrong numbers or just don't care. If that is done then MCM will find them listed with those numbers (from where you download and have set as the "watch folder") and process them correctly. Sometimes there are things you have to do manually.

Two problems here. There are no Production Code numbers for these from within in TMDB that I can find for each of these, but even more of a problem, I can't save the changes if I enter the details manually in MCM. Each of these episodes is flagged in yellow as un-fetched episode even though it's in the appropriate folder.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2019, 10:38 am 
Community Support

Top Gear is 74608 if you mean the BBC 2 series that is continuing.

Because the site is player driven, you can add missing episodes. Once it is listed there and populates into their API then MCM will find your episodes and let you fetch them. Production codes are not necessary, only having them listed with a season and episode identifier.

DELL XPS SE 8930 / I7-8700 CPU - 3.20 Ghz / 16G RAM / Win10 Pro x64 /
250GB SSD, 2TB, 3TB, 3TB HDD, 1TB USB 3.0 HDD / nVidia GTX 1070 8GB DDR5 / WDTVLive SMP Gen3

PostPosted: August 9th, 2019, 11:08 am 
Original BluRay

Tolerant wrote:
Top Gear is 74608 if you mean the BBC 2 series that is continuing.

Well, technically it's "continuing," I suppose but for me it stopped after Series 22. It's something else now that's just called Top Gear. But that's just me being a Jezza/May/Hammond fan :)

Tolerant wrote:
Because the site is player driven, you can add missing episodes. Once it is listed there and populates into their API then MCM will find your episodes and let you fetch them.Production codes are not necessary, only having them listed with a season and episode identifier.

So what should I do with the special episodes at this point? My player is either Kodi Leia on my HTPC, or Plex via Apple TV 4k device. My workflow is to ingest new content with MCM, let it fetch all the artwork, rename the files and put them where I need them stored, after which I play them back generally with Kodi.