Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently March 29th, 2020, 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MCM Keeps Freezing, Help?
PostPosted: February 28th, 2020, 7:29 pm 
Downloaded Clip

So I stumbled upon this software while looking for another software's alternative for renaming mass TV episodes. Found MCM, and tried it out on my TV Episodes and it works absolutely fantastically for renaming and organizing!

However I started adding my movie collection (for renaming / folder organization / metadata downloading), and now all it wants to do is freeze.

I can get a scan going for metadata, it lasts for a few hours. It'll fix probably about 20-25 movies or so, and then it just stops responding.

I'm trying to have MCM handle metadata and organization of my library. I'll happily buy a lifetime license for it too if I can get the program to function 100%, especially if it can replace some other software I'm using currently, which it looks like it can.

Any advice on how I can get it to stop freezing on me? I'm using mostly default settings on the latest auto updated version. Pretty sure the only settings I changed was the renaming conventions.

Post subject: Re: MCM Keeps Freezing, Help?
PostPosted: March 13th, 2020, 5:39 pm 
Original BluRay

Hey Pioneer,

Welcome to the MCM. I've been using it for 7+ years and haven't run into "freezing" issues. I'm using Win7 on 6 year old PC, managing thousands of movies, several hundred TV shows. It's a flat out awesome piece of software, layers and layers of features.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by: It'll fix probably about 20-25 movies or so, and then it just stops responding. It would help if you could explain more. Are you building out your shows folders with the appropriate images, XML data, renaming, etc. Make sure you have this set right - Application tab>Manage Fetchers and Plugins> Primary set to themoviedb, 2ndary to IMDB, Television to theTVDBv3.

Maybe you have something bugging up the SQL database or conflicting with MCM somehow. Check your installed Microsoft .NET version. I'm using 4.6.2. Note that MCM uses an API (interface) to connect MCM to the data sources. When scrubbing data, we are at the mercy of those providers and their API. Most often MCM connect to either themoviedb.org or theTVDB.com. Sounds like the API or something is kicking you out after a certain amount of time. I have never experienced that.

Hang in there. We'll figure it out. We just need more details.
Maybe turn on the logs. It will give us some insight when it freezes:
Application tab>Logs and Data>select Log Program Activity.
The next time it freezes you can go to this same tab area and view the log, attach it to this thread.

FORUM HELP: there's two types of help. Users like me that help best we can. The Admin and Developers will help too but they require all the details - Support Information (found in the program's Help menu) and any relevant log files. Look at this thread, note the details the user included: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19837 This is what the brainiacs need to help you out.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2020, 4:54 pm 
Downloaded Clip

I can't get this thing to STOP LOCKING UP. It moves a movie into a new folder and then stops. No searching to rename title and organize. No downloading of posters. I can't figure it out either. I am losing my patience.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2020, 10:51 am 
Downloaded Clip

I'm having the same issue. I'm on windows 10. I'm including a screen shot of the dev level log window. I went to fetch the metadata for a movie and it freezes up. Have to FC it and restart after every 2 or 3 movies.

Attachments:
Annotation 2020-03-27 104742.jpg
Annotation 2020-03-27 104742.jpg [ 101.06 KiB | Viewed 41 times ]