Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently May 19th, 2019, 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: metadata fetching
PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 11:49 am 
Downloaded Clip

hello,

i have a rather simple question. For the odd movie or two that has trouble pulling information how do i manually add it in. My two problems are one movie called "One Week". MCM pulled the data from imdb, but cannot pull from tmdb. from here i clicked on the title in MCM, it opens up the manual editing and i manual add the tmdb number, i click save then done. From here i click on refresh from meta data then fetch meta data but it cant seem to find the listing on tmdb.

The second question is how do i go about making a generic xml so that it will be able to use tmdb or imdb to pull the rest of the information. I thought i read somewhere that MCM can generate blank metadata sheets for you.

Thanks!i

Post subject: Re: metadata fetching
PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 4:53 pm 
Developer/Owner

momsloveme wrote:
My two problems are one movie called "One Week". MCM pulled the data from imdb, but cannot pull from tmdb.

One Week doesn't seem to exist at the Open Movie Database (themoviedb.org):
http://www.themoviedb.org/search/movies?search[text]=one+week

momsloveme wrote:
how do i go about making a generic xml so that it will be able to use tmdb or imdb to pull the rest of the information. I thought i read somewhere that MCM can generate blank metadata sheets for you.

Turn this option on under Options -> Preferences. The option name is "Create blank meta data if no results were found" (the last checkbox in the 'Advanced' side of the screen as of the time of this writing).

This will create a basic "mymovies.xml" file for the movie in question if no results were found at any of the fetchers. Once a blank meta data file has been created, right-click on the media title and choose 'Organize files and edit meta data' to bring up the Media Organizer. Then click on the 'Open Title Meta Data' button. A Windows notepad will open the "mymovies.xml" file so you can force an IMDB or TMDb ID manually. Once you have, save and close notepad, click on 'Done' in the Media Organizer, and then right-click on the media title and choose to 'Fetch meta data' to refresh.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 5:34 pm 
Downloaded Clip

awesome i will use the second option to create blanks,

as for my first problem, i had to manual go to the actor's page then that is how i found it because i couldn't find it from just the basic search

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/18635

This is where the problem is, MCM pulled imdb info for the movie but left the tmdb field blank, i manual inserted the number above then clicked save then hit refresh from meta data then fetch and it overwrites imdb info and clears the tmdb field,

any suggestions?

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2009, 7:31 am 
Developer/Owner

momsloveme wrote:
as for my first problem, i had to manual go to the actor's page then that is how i found it because i couldn't find it from just the basic search

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/18635

This is where the problem is, MCM pulled imdb info for the movie but left the tmdb field blank, i manual inserted the number above then clicked save then hit refresh from meta data then fetch and it overwrites imdb info and clears the tmdb field,

any suggestions?

The short answer is: complain to TMDb (it's their fault).

The long answer: the way we fetch is through an open API system from TMDb which can search as well as look up data directly by a movie ID (in this case, the movie ID is 18635). We can also use version 2.0 of the API or version 2.1. Either way, they are returning back that the movie doesn't exist:

http://api.themoviedb.org/2.0/Movie.getInfo?id=18635&api_key=f8b1099735d85904d998255898af6bab
http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.getInfo/en/xml/f8b1099735d85904d998255898af6bab/18635

Compare that to another movie, say movie ID 10 (Star Wars) and you'll see the difference.

MCM can't do much if the meta source denies the existence of movies in its own database, so you'll have to knock on their door and ask them what's going on (the movie has been in their database for about a month, according to the history tab).

Hope it helps!

PostPosted: August 4th, 2009, 2:06 pm 
Downloaded Clip

Pete wrote:
Turn this option on under Options -> Preferences. The option name is "Create blank meta data if no results were found" (the last checkbox in the 'Advanced' side of the screen as of the time of this writing).

This will create a basic "mymovies.xml" file for the movie in question if no results were found at any of the fetchers. Once a blank meta data file has been created, right-click on the media title and choose 'Organize files and edit meta data' to bring up the Media Organizer. Then click on the 'Open Title Meta Data' button. A Windows notepad will open the "mymovies.xml" file so you can force an IMDB or TMDb ID manually. Once you have, save and close notepad, click on 'Done' in the Media Organizer, and then right-click on the media title and choose to 'Fetch meta data' to refresh.

This is not working in my version. I have 1.14, and I am using Windows 7. Any ideas? Does it only work for movies?

PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 7:31 am 
Developer/Owner

PCDesmond wrote:
Pete wrote:

This is not working in my version. I have 1.14, and I am using Windows 7. Any ideas? Does it only work for movies?

That's correct. The option we're discussing is purely for movie titles. The way television series fetching and management is done, it requires a valid series ID from thetvdb.com to function reliably -- ergo, it must match a series from its meta source.

I've had a few cases where, despite naming, I could not get a match. For example, the show Xena: Warrior Princess never matches. So instead, I've copied the series.xml from one show to this show and edited the series ID manually (which you can find in the search results page at thetvdb.com when you look up the show). After replacing that one field, re-fetch on it and you'll get the rest of the meta data, banners/posters, etc.