Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently April 14th, 2021, 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Guess time to search for a new TV/Movie downloader?
PostPosted: February 20th, 2021, 5:11 pm 
Original BluRay

Hope Pete is okay, but hasn't been online this year and haven't seen any updates to fix errors. So can assume it's not supported and something has happened.

What are a good alternative, Sonarr? I've grown lazy using MCM for so many years, and change is annoying. But guess all things end.

Post subject: Re: Guess time to search for a new TV/Movie downloader?
PostPosted: March 1st, 2021, 8:53 am 
Downloaded Clip

Even with the patches and fixes falling behind, I still haven't found a better alternative. I find that I have multiple programs now where Media Center Master use to be the only one.

MCM is my primary tool for sorting, renaming, meta-data, and looking for new movies automatically. The uTorrent integration seems fine still.

Trakt lets me add in new shows or movies that automatically get added to MCM.

Sonarr tied to NZBGet for filling in gaps from above. These two programs fill in for where Usenet broke in MCM, and now I have a manual step in Sonarr to add the shows to update after MCM adds these as empty folders to the library.

It's a shame that Pete isn't around as much, but after at least a decade of doing this, I understand things can change. Hopefully, if he doesn't have time for this anymore, or if it's not generating enough revenue, perhaps it could get handed off somehow for support to continue.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2021, 6:37 pm 
Original BluRay

Shit yeah, I'm still finding MCM the best one stop shop for the process it does. I'm dreading when it finally fully fails due to the meta data fetchers changing their API.

Which some of EMBY I can just let it do, but the automated fetching of TV shows has been invaluable over the years.

Yeah, shame about Pete. I know it was a project that he personally used and the fact it's not being updated I hope doesn't mean he is no longer using it himself.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2021, 4:47 pm 
Original BluRay

With the domain expiring next month [this will affect license checks at client side], I guess we'll find out if Peter is still around (no public online presence since late last year) and/or it's set to auto-renew and there are funds to do so.

Name: MEDIACENTERMASTER.COM
Registry Expiration: 2021-04-30 15:43:04 UTC

But it has this statuses:
Domain Status:
clientDeleteProhibited
clientRenewProhibited
clientTransferProhibited
clientUpdateProhibited

... which the clientRenewProhibited one indicates there is an issue with the domain.

Post subject: Re: Guess time to search for a new TV/Movie downloader?  [SOLVED]
PostPosted: March 26th, 2021, 9:08 am 
Developer/Owner

That's actually a misnomer -- all four statuses appear when a domain is coming up for renewal (and it auto-renews every year) to prevent people from sniping your domain the instant it comes up for renewal. It's very common that the domain shows all four statuses right before expiration.

Rest assured I'm alive, I have been to the forums and involving myself in MCM code since the start of the year. I'm not sure where you get the impression otherwise.

I could do a hell of a better job at speaking up and providing support, but I'm certainly not abandoning MCM or anything.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2021, 1:57 pm 
Community Support

Pete wrote:
That's actually a misnomer -- all four statuses appear when a domain is coming up for renewal (and it auto-renews every year) to prevent people from sniping your domain the instant it comes up for renewal. It's very common that the domain shows all four statuses right before expiration.

Rest assured I'm alive, I have been to the forums and involving myself in MCM code since the start of the year. I'm not sure where you get the impression otherwise.

I could do a hell of a better job at speaking up and providing support, but I'm certainly not abandoning MCM or anything.

Good to hear, hope you're doing ok sir.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2021, 3:10 am 
Original BluRay

Pete wrote:

That's certainly good to hear, and my impressions were the lack of commits this year via git or last visit indicators showing not visiting the forum since last year.

Glad you're alive, and hopefully well.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2021, 2:13 pm 
Downloaded Clip

Rumbaar wrote:
... which the clientRenewProhibited one indicates there is an issue with the domain.

Godaddy puts this on most domains by default due to so many of their customers not renewing. Their automated renewal system will release it, renew the domain and then tag it again when a customer clicks through the checkout process when renewing. That way Godaddy isn't on the hook for the domain should it not be renewed and then have to dump it to a domain name farm somewhere down the line.

Thing to keep in mind, though, if a registrar like Godaddy has your domain listed like this, there isn't really a grace period should one be lazy or circumstances get in the way of renewal and wait a day or two to renew after expiration. It can be snatched up at 12:01am by anyone the next day. If someone snatches it up, little can be done to get it back.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2021, 10:26 am 
Developer/Owner

Pete wrote:
it auto-renews every year

Been solid for over a decade, nothing to worry about here.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]