Welcome to Media Center Master!
A free metadata and media organization solution for Windows Media Center.
Including support for MediaBrowser, XBMC, Boxee, Plex, Netgear NeoTV and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently April 19th, 2014, 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remove .xml and metadata etc
PostPosted: April 7th, 2011, 1:37 am 
Downloaded Clip

I only use NETGEAR'S video streamers, and windows explorer to view cataloged media files. I do not need (or want) backdrop.jpg, banner.jpg and the metadata folder containing .xml files for every episode (for TV shows). I only want folder.jpg, in both the main show folder and at season level.

For movies, i ONLY WANT folder.jpg and the media files respective netgear .TAG file for each movie.

So basically, my request is, at the end of a fetch, i only want two files created by MCM: folder.jpg and moviename.TAG (if it is a movie). I DO NOT want these additional XML files, metadata files etc, backdrop pics etc.

If MCM can't create the .TAG files without pre-existing XML files, i would want MCM to delete the .xml file after creating the .TAG leaving only a .TAG file and a folder.jpg file.
If this wont work, then i would only want the folder.jpg file without anything else.

Is this possible?

Post subject: Re: Remove .xml and metadata etc
PostPosted: April 7th, 2011, 3:45 am 
Beta Tester

If you purchase a premium license, then you could write a little batch script to delete all the xml files, banner jpgs and what not from your media directory. Which could then be run via post processing in MCM. Or you could just use this batch file and run it periodically as a scheduled task if you did not wish to purchase a premium license.

Honestly they really don't take up much space if that is your concern. For the 38 TV series I use MCM to catalog, the jpgs and xmls take up less than 100mb.

PostPosted: April 7th, 2011, 3:50 am 
Beta Tester

Ok, just saw another post from Pete that said post processing isn't available for TV shows, so that idea won't work. But you could still go with a batch script to delete the unwanted files, and run it immediatly after MCM closes. I do this all the time to perform a few tasks I want done that MCM does not do. In fact I launch MCM with a batch script, to perform some pre-MCM tasks and then some post-MCM tasks. Works great.

Of course, Pete is always open to suggestions and you could put it into the Issue Tracker as a feature request.

PostPosted: April 7th, 2011, 5:04 am 

Well for TV series' you can turn off fetching of season-level poster and banners. As for not creating .xml data, as MCM primary purpose is to create such data I doubt that will ever be an option to turn off.

MCM currently cannot manage artwork and other data without first processing and creating any base .xml files.

PostPosted: April 7th, 2011, 2:18 pm 
MCM Creator

Post processing will be available for T.V. shows and episodes beginning with the next auto-update release (sometime today):

http://code.google.com/p/mediacentermas ... ail?id=371

PostPosted: April 9th, 2011, 7:11 pm 
MCM Creator

It took longer than expected, but I got this released today in version 1.30 build 9911.1143. Enjoy!