Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently November 27th, 2020, 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: General ideas and thoughts
PostPosted: May 11th, 2009, 12:37 pm 
High-Def MKV

Media organizer is a nice idea, but it really slows down the editing. It takes me almost 20 seconds for the screen to fully show up, as opposed to almost no time for my text editor to open. It is really just quicker to open the folder and then edit the xml file (or at least look at it). My issue is that a few select movies have some errors in their xml files and I want to see why mediabrowser is not showing them properly. In this case I have to 'clear out meta data' and refetch to fix it.

This is why I have to edit the xml file (this error has varied, but it always usually involves an extra character)
<Title>
<
<IMDbId>tt0023887</IMDbId>

Of course if the movie doesn't get fetched properly (ie. wrong movie) I then have to edit the xml file. I don't have the option like in the previous version to have it just create a new xml document. As an example I Am Legend 720p BluRay x264-REFiNED. This has to be edited before it can be properly fetched. (of course REFINED has horrible naming options so that is part of the issue!).

The 'launch folder' that now brings up a drive letter is sooo much nicer.

Some sort of option to use a different text editor would be nice. There are various ones out there that support tabs which is nicer than having multiple notepad's open.

Post subject: Re: General ideas and thoughts
PostPosted: May 11th, 2009, 1:09 pm 
Developer/Owner

lorac wrote:
Media organizer is a nice idea, but it really slows down the editing. It takes me almost 20 seconds for the screen to fully show up

This has been fixed -- you'll see in the next release (scheduled for today or tomorrow).

lorac wrote:
I don't have the option like in the previous version to have it just create a new xml document.

If the type is 'Movie', it can -- but if the type is 'Mixed', it won't (see your other post).

lorac wrote:
The 'launch folder' that now brings up a drive letter is sooo much nicer.

I agree -- this was driving me nuts.

lorac wrote:
Some sort of option to use a different text editor would be nice. There are various ones out there that support tabs which is nicer than having multiple notepad's open.

I'll give this some thought, but it doesn't seem like a feature that would interest many people -- if the Media Organizer was working faster/the way it should anyway. For the occasional fix (faulty XML formatting), notepad is fine but most of the time (most users), there isn't a default association for .xml editing, so creating the configuration necessary to adjust the editor you use wouldn't be a quick fix..

PostPosted: May 12th, 2009, 9:04 pm 
Developer/Owner

Pete wrote:
lorac wrote:
Media organizer is a nice idea, but it really slows down the editing. It takes me almost 20 seconds for the screen to fully show up

This has been fixed -- you'll see in the next release (scheduled for today or tomorrow).

Try out the speed fixes in version 1.07.13209.1256!

PostPosted: May 14th, 2009, 1:03 pm 
High-Def MKV

It is a little faster, but still too slow for my liking. I'm not sure if this has to do with the fact the movies are on a network pc instead of local, but I wouldn't think that would make much difference.

I still don't see the option to create / edit the xml file directly (everything is listed as 'movie' now). This would really be helpful, as the organizer is of no use if the movie doesn't have any xml data to begin with.

The organizer would be more useful if I could have it update (fetch content) as well. Just that having to launch it to edit something and then having to exit to refetch content is annoying. Planet of the Apes is a good example. For me it always gets the 2001 version first, so I need to edit to make it fetch the correct movie. I just noticed that once I was done editing 'planet of the apes' it returned to the movie in the list from which I first launched MCO, not the last movie I just edited.

Also some different sorting options would be nice. Say sort the movies by year, or genre, local, forced, sort title...

I know that mediabrowser generally removes 'the' from sorting, and would be nice if MCM did it as well.

Anyway, I do like the program. I haven't tried it for TV yet, since I can't move my shows for me so until it can do that it isn't much use there.

If I think of anything else i'll let you know.

Post subject: Re: General ideas and thoughts  [SOLVED]
PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 11:17 am 
Developer/Owner

lorac wrote:
It is a little faster, but still too slow for my liking. I'm not sure if this has to do with the fact the movies are on a network pc instead of local, but I wouldn't think that would make much difference.

This makes tons of difference. I have plans to re-write the video collection process so it caches some information though in a future release. In the meanwhile, that's why it's so slow for you.

lorac wrote:
The organizer would be more useful if I could have it update (fetch content) as well. Just that having to launch it to edit something and then having to exit to refetch content is annoying. Planet of the Apes is a good example. For me it always gets the 2001 version first, so I need to edit to make it fetch the correct movie.

Install/auto-update to version 1.08+, which includes this feature.

For the rest of your requests -- they're on the to-do list. I've been sick the past few days, so development's been slower than I'd like, but I'll be spending more time at the grindstone soon.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 12:10 pm 
High-Def MKV

Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out.