Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently January 27th, 2021, 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: "Media in yur collection" and "Show Confirmation" Boxes  [SOLVED]
PostPosted: May 14th, 2009, 8:42 am 
Developer/Owner

FarFlungFish wrote:
I have recently installed WM7, Media Browser and now of course MCM. I am really very impressed with what I see!

Many Thanks, firstly for such a cool app, and secondly in advance of any help that may be forthcoming

Your'e welcome, James! Glad you like it so far...

FarFlungFish wrote:
in your screen shot it shows it ias a populated box with Move names in and the apparant ability to right click to get to further option. My version, this box is allways blank and even after I have drag/dropped folders here nothing seems to stay - What might I be doing wrong?

You need to add base folders to your list of Scan Folders. Go into Options -> Set Scan Folders. You don't have to have auto-scan on (automatic meta data fetching), but if you want the extended media management options, you'll want to add your folders there.

FarFlungFish wrote:
Another screen shot shows a "Show Confirmation" box that apparanly gives me the option to say Yes or No to the inbound Meta Data - I have never mannaged to get this box to appear when scannning for Meta Data

The confirmation box only shows for television series currently. There's a feature request in a subforum that asks for confirmations on movies too, which I intend to add in a future release.

Hope that helps!

Post subject: Re: "Media in yur collection" and "Show Confirmation" Boxes
PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 12:20 pm 
Developer/Owner

Pete wrote:
FarFlungFish wrote:
Another screen shot shows a "Show Confirmation" box that apparanly gives me the option to say Yes or No to the inbound Meta Data - I have never mannaged to get this box to appear when scannning for Meta Data

The confirmation box only shows for television series currently. There's a feature request in a subforum that asks for confirmations on movies too, which I intend to add in a future release.

Beginning with version 1.08, you can now get confirmation on movie fetches too. Update your installation and then look for the option in Preferences.

Post subject: Re: "Media in yur collection" and "Show Confirmation" Boxes
PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 6:57 pm 
Developer/Owner

FarFlungFish wrote:
How the hell do you find time to do all this? I can barely find time to play with it all!

Booze helps.

FarFlungFish wrote:
It tells me that I am looking at option 1 of 15 and asks is this the coorect movie (as it happens it was not so i select "no" annd move to the next option) I was not sure however if there was going to be a better option (perhaps option 2 looked ok, but I am wondering if there is a better option at, say, number 4)

I can probably do something to make it a little more obvious/easy to use. In the meanwhile, you can move the window off to the side and look at the text log on the main page to see what titles it had picked up on that pass. That should give you an indication of what you'll come across when you hit No.