Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently January 27th, 2021, 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: bad meta data
PostPosted: May 10th, 2009, 12:26 pm 
High-Def MKV

What I find really annoying is when you edit the XML file to include an imdb id and themoviedb.org comes up with something totally different. It also did this same thing with Arabian.Nights.1974.720p.BluRay.x264-CiNEFiLE which it kept fetching as a scooby doo from 1994. I think for know i'll just have to disable using themoviedb.org

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MCM: now working on beauty.and.beast.1991.720p.hdtv.x264-hv
MCM: talking to themoviedb.org...
themoviedb.org: positive match: #13313 - Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas (1997)
MCM: I'm positive that you asked for movie #13313, continuing...
themoviedb.org: fetching movie details
MCM: talking to imdb.com...
imdb.com: skipped search -- we were given movie #tt0118692
themoviedb.org: fetching cast and crew listing...
themoviedb.org: fetching cast/crew "[timeout]"
imdb.com: fetching cast and crew listing...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas (1997)
Runtime: 72 minutes
IMDB score: 5.7
MPAA rating: G
Actors: Paige O'Hara, Robby Benson, Jerry Orbach, David Ogden Stiers, Bernadette Peters, Tim Curry, Haley Joel Osment, Frank Welker, Jeff Bennett, Jim Cummings, Kath Soucie, Paul Reubens, Angela Lansbury, Judith Blazer, Jeff Blumenkrantz, Victoria Clark, Kevin Dorsey, Gregg Edelman, Judy Kaye, Andrew Keenan Bolger, Rebecca Luker, Howard McGillin, Gene Miller, Lauren Mitchell, Bobbi Page, Wilbur Pauley, Andrea Robinson, Sharon Scruggs, Ted Sperling, Carmen Twillie, Martin Vidnovic, Oren Waters, Maxine Waters Willard, Andrew Knight
Genres: Animation, Family, Musi
Studios: Walt Disney Animation Canad
Summary: Belle prepares the castle for Christmas against Beast's wishes, trying to bring him happiness for the season. Forte, a pipe organ, fears that Belle's plans may eventually bring about an end to the curse... the curse that brought him more importance in the Master's life. Forte uses Fife, a flute who desperately wants a solo, to destroy Belle's plans and get rid of her.
MCM: No meta data exists, created a new one!
MCM: IMDB #tt0118692, TMDB #13313, "Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas" (1997)
MCM: now working on beauty.and.beast.1991.720p.hdtv.x264-hv
MCM: talking to themoviedb.org...
themoviedb.org: skipped search -- we were given IMDB movie #tt0101414
themoviedb.org: no results (by IMDB ID)
themoviedb.org: positive match: #13313 - Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas (1997)
MCM: I'm positive that you asked for movie #13313, continuing...
themoviedb.org: fetching movie details
MCM: talking to imdb.com...
imdb.com: skipped search -- we were given movie #tt0118692
themoviedb.org: fetching cast and crew listing...
imdb.com: fetching cast and crew listing...
Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas (1997)

Post subject: Re: bad meta data
PostPosted: May 10th, 2009, 5:40 pm 
Developer/Owner

It is annoying, I agree. This can occur only if all of the following conditions are met:

1. there are no results at themoviedb.org using the IMDB ID# (per movie.imdbLookup API)
  2. there are few results (or only one) at themoviedb.org for the movie's title
  3. every word in the search appears in the match (but not the other way around)

See results for:
  • http://www.themoviedb.org/search/movies?search[text]=Arabian+Nights
  • http://www.themoviedb.org/search/movies?search[text]=Beauty+and+the+Beast

There's only a few titles this should happen for. Once you have satisfying meta data for those titles, I suggest locking them so that future fetches won't overwrite your data.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2009, 12:00 pm 
High-Def MKV

OK. I'll keep an eye on it.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2009, 4:19 pm 
High-Def MKV

Here's what I don't get though... if the xml has an imdb id, and that imdb id doesn't match at tmb then why does tmb pick some randon name for the movie and then go and give imdb a totally seperate id?

I mean 'the web' from 1947 is not close to 'net games' from 2003.

TMB should not be changing an existing IMDB id.

Post subject: Re: bad meta data  [SOLVED]
PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 11:22 am 
Developer/Owner

lorac wrote:
Here's what I don't get though... if the xml has an imdb id, and that imdb id doesn't match at tmb then why does tmb pick some randon name for the movie and then go and give imdb a totally seperate id?

I mean 'the web' from 1947 is not close to 'net games' from 2003.

TMB should not be changing an existing IMDB id.

tMDB returned that match because they drop off "the" as a stop word (a, an, and, the, of, and a few others are discarded during most searches). Searching for just 'web' pulls up 'Net Games' because it has an alternate title in their database of 'Dangerous Web'. It's the best match (though still not the movie you want), so it pulls in that movie.

I make an assumption with my code that since tMDB is a community-driven project and that its data is fallible (given its source), that the IMDB ID # and tMDB result's IMDB ID # won't always match. I've seen a few examples of this and I wish I could remember when it came up, but because of this, a separate search is run.

With the confirmation and some changes I made in the recent release, this should happen far fewer times, though.

Install/auto-update to version 1.08+, which helps greatly in the auto-detection of title matches. It also lets you confirm movie selections (when enabled in Preferences).