Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently January 23rd, 2018, 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Force MCM to "Process" movie file using a specific ID?
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2013, 1:36 am 
High-Def MKV

Even with the year in the file name, MCM sometimes can't process a movie correctly. It gets confused (TV Show or Movie), title might have many common words, there might be multiple movies with similar name, etc.

Is there a way to manually force MCM to use a specific ID from IMDB (or other) so it can process the movie file - create the folder? I know how to do this for TV shows but can't see any feature to do this for a movie.

When this happens I really don't know what to do. I can create the folder, grab artwork manually, but have no way to create the XML file. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Force MCM to "Process" movie file using a specific ID?
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2013, 1:52 am 
Developer/Owner

There are several right-click options you can use to provide a specific ID. :)

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 3:47 am 
DVD VOB

Hi Peter

The problem that I am also experiencing is that the movies exists on the "download" folder for the download parser to work on.

When it works on the movie it can't find the movie (even though I have "copy and pasted" the file name and year from IMDB).

So if I could enter the IMDB number in the file name in the download parser directory it would spped things up considerably.

At the moment I have to manually create a directory in my MCM tree, copy the file across, refresh MCM and then I can use the right click options.

I think that it may be a nice feature if MCM could parse the file name for a tt##### and assume that that is the movie.

Regards

MikeP

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 11:23 am 
Developer/Owner

Oh is this for the download parser?

You can create a text file (or NFO file, either will work) in the folder and add a link to IMDB in it and Media Center Master will use that during detection.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 10:19 pm 
High-Def MKV

Thanks MikeP-you are spot on...I should have been more specific.

I have a file (movie) in the "Completed Downloads" folder. It's named correctly and includes the year but MCM often times (reasons listed above) will not process the movie....so it remains untouched and unmoved from that folder.

Are you suggesting we create a folder for the movie inside the "Completed Downloads" folder and insert your suggested "text or NFO file" into this movie's new folder? Can you be more specific on what contents the text/NFO file should contain?

I do not use MCM to monitor my movies, just my TV shows. I manually use "Process New Downloads" when I need MCM to process a movie file in "Completed Downloads" to get the artwork, XML, create movie folder, etc. Thanks.

UPDATE:
This time, MCM is struggling with the movie call "UFO (2012)". I created a named folder and inserted the movie file along with a text file named "UFO (2012)". The text file had the movie name in line one, and a link to IMDB ID#: tt2040578 on line two. MCM did not recognize the folder, skipped that, but did end up processing the movie file correctly.

PostPosted: January 1st, 2018, 6:33 pm 
Flash Video

Hi there - this is an issue from some years ago, however I am having a similar problem.

I am trying to have MCM detect the recent 2017 movie "Blade Runner 2049 (2017)" and it continually detects the film as "Blade Runner 1982". Now, I already have Blade Runner 1982 in my library.

I initially was just going to let it detect 1982 a second time, right click and force ID it using the right click menu, however the duplicate simply doesn't show up in my library, yet other "duplicates" do, so I can't even right-click it to force it to be the new 2017 movie.

Note that I have tried renaming the file about 5 different ways - Blade Runner 2049 (2017), Blade Runer 2049, Bladerunner 2049 (2017) and no matter what, it identifies it as the 1982 version.

I then read below that I can include an "NFO" file or similar to force MCM to parse the entry according to its IMDB entry, but I can't find how to do that, or what file format this NFO file (or similar) should be in. Is it simply a text file with one line being the "ttxxxxxxx" (where xx represents the IMDB number) within it, or is it more complex than that. I have tried unsuccessfully within the MCM manuals and this forum to find the file structure.

I was wondering if you were able to assist!
Best wishes,
Mike.

Pete wrote:
Oh is this for the download parser?

You can create a text file (or NFO file, either will work) in the folder and add a link to IMDB in it and Media Center Master will use that during detection.

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2018, 1:44 am 
Community Support

mikeyjeff wrote:
Hi there - this is an issue from some years ago, however I am having a similar problem.

I am trying to have MCM detect the recent 2017 movie "Blade Runner 2049 (2017)" and it continually detects the film as "Blade Runner 1982". Now, I already have Blade Runner 1982 in my library.

I initially was just going to let it detect 1982 a second time, right click and force ID it using the right click menu, however the duplicate simply doesn't show up in my library, yet other "duplicates" do, so I can't even right-click it to force it to be the new 2017 movie.

Note that I have tried renaming the file about 5 different ways - Blade Runner 2049 (2017), Blade Runer 2049, Bladerunner 2049 (2017) and no matter what, it identifies it as the 1982 version.

I then read below that I can include an "NFO" file or similar to force MCM to parse the entry according to its IMDB entry, but I can't find how to do that, or what file format this NFO file (or similar) should be in. Is it simply a text file with one line being the "ttxxxxxxx" (where xx represents the IMDB number) within it, or is it more complex than that. I have tried unsuccessfully within the MCM manuals and this forum to find the file structure.

I was wondering if you were able to assist!
Best wishes,
Mike.

Just put a text or nfo file in the same folder as the movie being processed with the IMDB url, file name doesn't matter.

Your example would be this url.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856101/

Debug logging
Help-Debug-Show developer-level debug messaging

stable version 2.17.26917.859 / September 26th, 2017

PostPosted: January 6th, 2018, 12:12 pm 
Original BluRay

I was having the same issue with Blade Runner 2049. When I finally placed an nfo file in the folder it worked. The nfo file and the movie file had the same name, simply Blade Runner 2049. I put one line of text in the nfo file with the url to the IMDB entry http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856101/?ref_=nv_sr_1 and that seemed to work.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2018, 5:03 pm 
Flash Video

Recently had the same problem with two TV series although for other TV series quite OK. Auto fetch meta data and right click forcing of the ID for both theTVdb and IMDB would just create a sort of stalled MCM and in my case sometimes a frozen MCM window.

Similar to above I copied in a blank series .xml template and manually entering and saving in the ID(s). Right click fetch worked well after that in both cases.