Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently June 16th, 2019, 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WebUI not functioning correctly
PostPosted: February 9th, 2010, 12:16 am 
Flash Video

First off I want to say from 1 programmer to another, this is a well thought out application and very well designed, so congrats and thank you for all your hard work!

2nd, webui is not showing up, can you send me a screenshot of what its supposed to look like?

just getting an invalid request here when using ip:port number

also i went ahead and downloaded ver 1.8 specified in the tutorials on your site of utorrent and its saying "downloaded all torrent files" but i see nothing in my torrent download file

using windows 7 64bit

Post subject: Re: WebUI not functioning correctly
PostPosted: February 9th, 2010, 7:25 am 
Developer/Owner

Please see my screen shots posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=640

PostPosted: February 9th, 2010, 9:48 am 
Flash Video

this is the setup that i put in, any ideas on how i might troubleshoot this?
still gettting invalid request

PostPosted: February 9th, 2010, 11:04 am 
Developer/Owner

Not sure where you're seeing 'invalid request'. Can you show me a screen shot of the error?

PostPosted: February 9th, 2010, 2:25 pm 
Flash Video

basically when i go to internet explorer and type in ip:port im getting invalid request <-- is there something else that you wanted a screenshot of? I have 8 monitors so a screenshot would be huge

PostPosted: February 9th, 2010, 2:32 pm 
Developer/Owner

You can trim and also Alt+PrintScreen will give you a screen shot of just the window that has focus, but since you said this is a problem with Internet Explorer, I don't need one.

The WebUI often has problems with various browsers, I.E. included. I'm not about to troubleshoot I.E. or uTorrent ;) but if there's an issue you're having with Media Center Master, I'll be happy to help.

I've re-read your original post (a few times) and it's not clear what you are expecting in MCM with the enhanced uTorrent functionality, but I think you may be misunderstanding what it does and does not do. The enhanced uTorrent features in MCM allow MCM to automatically clear finished and/or seeding torrents from uTorrent so that they stop seeding. This also helps make sure the files aren't in use when the downloader begins to process/parse files. Also, it allows MCM to display a list of torrents that are downloading (active), paused, or stopped in uTorrent and lets you manage them (uTorrent Manager). That's all it does.

PostPosted: February 9th, 2010, 3:07 pm 
Flash Video

yes i did misunderstand, thought it was a web view of your queue or something similar, makes sense why i couldnt view it, thanks for clearing that up.

one thing i did want to mention, im running into huge lag with my xbox 360 when using the extender for media manager, is there a work around for this?

PostPosted: February 9th, 2010, 3:13 pm 
Developer/Owner

I'm going to answer this, but my response won't be exhaustive -- you'll want to head over to the Media Browser forums for help with increasing extender performance.

First thing I would do is run some kind of post-processing on your backdrops, posters, and other artwork to reduce their size. This is the single largest drain on the extender is the time it takes to transfer and cache all of those posters (even the ones that aren't actively being drawn).

Then I would disable the enhanced home screen (the 'recently added' etc. lists). They each come with a giant performance penalty across a network, particularly with extenders.

Finally, disable all transparency options in Media Browser. The Xbox 360 has a hard time with this because it is dynamically re-creating images on the fly (it caches a new image with multiple image layers so it doesn't have to re-render it, but it only keeps this cache on a per-session basis).

Other than that -- make sure your network and drive speeds aren't bottling you down. Obviously if you're chewing up the drive's I/O, your extender performance will be shot. Etc. etc.

PostPosted: February 9th, 2010, 3:25 pm 
Flash Video

thanks peter for all the help, and again excellent program, keep up the good work

PostPosted: February 16th, 2010, 11:45 pm 
Downloaded Clip

I'd like to piggy back off this guys questions if I could. I have everything setup correctly (I think)

I'm using v1.8 and followed the instructions for setting up the port and password and webUI. If the thick client is closed the webUI won't work (assuming thats by design?) Nonetheless, when it finds a new show out there to download, it keeps launching the thick client to download it. Is that normal? I thought it was supposed to use some built in downloader within the program. I don't get it.