Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently July 15th, 2018, 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: YTS Torrent Source
PostPosted: June 16th, 2015, 7:57 pm 
Downloaded Clip

Hello,

I wanted to know if it would be possible to add https://yts.to as a Torrent source for the downloader. I have not been having much luck with the downloader locating files using the current sources, but I can go to YTS's page and find them no problem. I see at the bottom of the page they do have API's that can be utilized.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: YTS Torrent Source
PostPosted: October 11th, 2015, 1:00 pm 
Downloaded Clip

Hate to bump a thread, but still want to know if this is something that could be implemented?

PostPosted: October 11th, 2015, 3:06 pm 
Community Support

You can add RSS/XML torrent feeds from whatever site you like.

Application (menu) -> Settings & Preferences (1st item) -> Torrents (tab) -> Configure RSS/XML torrent feeds... (button, left side, middle of pop-up) -> Right click pop-up for options

PostPosted: October 12th, 2015, 12:47 pm 
Flash Video

Take note though that the RSS/XML feed implementation definitely leaves a bit to be desired. I found that it doesn't support cookie authentication (not sure if your torrent site requires auth, and if so what type, but it's definitely something to be aware of). Also, if you're looking to use the downloader for TV shows, I found that the downloader was downloading torrents from the RSS feed that were not in my list of TV shows. I guess if you want to get new stuff to discover that's good, but if you want a curated list, it's another potential issue. When I set it up with my private tracker, it downloaded like 5+ episodes of shows that were not in my list, which negatively affected my ratio, as they were shows that nobody really downloaded from me (who actually wants to torrent America's Funniest Home Videos?). I made some posts in the forms about these bugs and also created issues in the issue tracker, but haven't seen any activity on them. I guess it's very low on the priority list.

Anyways, definitely try out the RSS/XML feed feature, depending on the type of tracker and the structure of the feed, it can be beneficial.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2015, 11:28 am 
Downloaded Clip

Thank you both for the suggestion. I will give it a try to see what will happen. However I would still love to see this become a native Torrent source to pull from for the "Look for higher definition of movies..." function. I have several VHS/DVD quality movies that don't require in blu-ray, but would be great to update to better quality, and YIFI has been good about providing 720p versions of those.

Thanks again

PostPosted: October 17th, 2015, 12:36 pm 
Community Support

explorien86 wrote:
Thank you both for the suggestion. I will give it a try to see what will happen. However I would still love to see this become a native Torrent source to pull from for the "Look for higher definition of movies..." function. I have several VHS/DVD quality movies that don't require in blu-ray, but would be great to update to better quality, and YIFI has been good about providing 720p versions of those.

You can use the torrent sites already in the program for this issue.

If you are using the "Look for higher definition of movies..." function and locking the titles you do not want to have updated, and

If you are only interested in downloading "YIFY" movies, you can add "yifi" as a General movie include term.

Downloader (tab) -> Advance Quality Tuning (bottom of tab) -> General movie include term (1st item)

:!: MCM will look for new downloads that include "yifi" in the torrent name, i.e., if a torrent does not include "yifi" in the torrent name, MCM will skip it.

After you are done updating your movies, you can remove "yifi" as an include search term.

:!: If your download quality is set to download only in 720 high-definition (HD), the program will look for downloads that must include 720* and not contain 1080* in the torrent name and the movie file size must be between 1.75 GB - 10 GB (default setting).

Downloader (tab) -> Advance Quality Tuning (bottom of tab) -> Other movie settings (use scroll bar to view more options)

:arrow: You will need to change the default file size limit for 720 HD in MCM, because YIFI movie files are smaller.

• A 720 YIFI movie version runs roughly between 750 - 900 MB.

• Change the default file size limit for 720 HD movies to something like: 600 MB - 1 GB.

By using all of these options together:

1. If a replacement movie download is found to be of the proper size for a 720 HD movie file, includes "yifi, and 1080* in the torrent name, it will be skipped, because it did not pass the 720 HD movie download rules, the torrent name contains 1080*.

2. If a replacement movie download is found to be of the proper size for a 720 HD movie file, includes "yifi, and 720* in the torrent name, it will be downloaded, because it passed all of the 720 HD movie download rules.

If you would like to have the larger YIFI file downloads, the 1080 versions:

Change your download quality for movies to 1080, only, and change the default file size limit for 1080 movies in the Advance Quality Tuning section to match the YIFI 1080 version file sizes.

:idea: Should you want or need the default file sizes again to reset the values back to the original values, create a new blank profile (Profiles menu), name the new profile: test, retrieve the default file size information, then delete the test profile.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2015, 4:07 pm 
Downloaded Clip

Hi,
I hope MCM will be enhanced about the torrent trackers because a lot of private trackers existing like T411 and obviously we can't configure that (i.e login/password).

Moreover, we can't add usenet sources like OZnzb.

thank you.

PostPosted: October 28th, 2015, 9:52 pm 
DVD VOB

YTS / YIFY got killed or gave up and went dark about 2 weeks ago and Torrentfreak is reporting they are probably dead for good, so this thread is moot, also Pete obviously can't do a custom fetch for every torrent uploader, Kat is definitely the best out there as an aggregator site, so....

PostPosted: November 30th, 2015, 10:52 pm 
Downloaded Clip

yts alive and well again.
I would also like to add other sources and private trackers.
There is the option to add custom links for one of the three big names, could there maybe be a way to add just a source link, allowing for options such as address, username/pass, and give it a custom name ?

PostPosted: November 30th, 2015, 11:41 pm 
Developer/Owner

It's not the real group or anyone associated with the real group. YTS/YIFY signed an agreement consenting to MPAA demands:

https://torrentfreak.com/yts-yify-signs ... aa-151105/
http://heavy.com/tech/2015/11/is-yts-ag ... ettlement/

Additionally, with the addition of torrent feed support in MCM, adding a source specifically for an unknown group masquerading as YTS doesn't seem like time well spent.