Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently September 15th, 2019, 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Option to pick which trailer to use?
PostPosted: April 16th, 2019, 2:08 pm 
Flash Video

I'm a life time member of the site and the program. Love it. Before posting this thread I DID try to do a search for a similar one first, but don't have time to read through +100 pages of posts with the keyword "trailer". So if this has been posted/requested before, sorry!

I would like to have the option to pick and choose which trailer to use when the meta downloader goes out to find them. I've got my MCM set up to automatically download one if it finds one, and to use the higher quality Youtube ones (splitting audio/video) if available. But aside from that, there isn't really much more to configure. I've had it doing it's thing, not really thinking more about it. Then I started to notice that some of the "trailers" it finds aren't actually trailers. They'll be some interview with the director, or cast member, or a blooper reel, or something not even related to the movie. It gets annoying when you have family over and you're showing off your system and go to show a trailer and rather than seeing one for the movie you're about to watch, it's some clip from America's Funniest Home Videos showing a kid swinging a baseball bat at his dad's crotch. I think an option (perhaps setup an enable/disable toggle in the settings) to show a list a of trailers it finds, allow the user to select it and see a preview first, then tick a box which one to get, would really help out this problem. Perhaps something like the way it prompts for user input when it doesn't find an exact match for a Movie or TV Show and present a list of potentials asking which one it is.

Anyway, great software. It's really helped me keep things organized and up to date. Keep up the great work!