Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently November 28th, 2020, 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Select which MetaData to include
PostPosted: January 7th, 2020, 11:24 am 
Downloaded Clip

I am looking for 2 specific requests, related to each other:

#1 Would it be possible to create a menu item to select which of the meta-data parameters to include in .XML or .NFO description file?
I was recently generating some .NFO files for my KODI app, and MCM by default includes a variety of key "words" under the <tags>…..</tags> parameter.
However I don't want MCM to do that because I use the TAGS for other movie categorization purposes. So I manually have to modify each NFO file to delete the TAGS inserted by MCM.
It would be great if a "list of all fields" was available, with a check-mark selection next to it - to enable or disable the inclusion of a given meta-data parameter into the NFO and XML metadata files?

#2 Would it be possible to have pre-set certain meta-data parameters so that when a group of files are processed, a certain metadata field can be manually forced/set to something specific, defined by the user. So for example, if I wanted to set the parameter <TAGS> for a selection of files, with the value of: "Home Video". This manual selection would over-ride the normally automatically generated metadata (at the user's peril). When left blank, the auto-generated data would be populated into the metafile.
This could be easily incorporated in the selection screen I described in #1 above. Like a table of sorts - for each metadata parameter there would be a: Checkbox (include or not include the parameter), Name of Parameter, data-entry" box for "manual override" of the data

thoughts?