Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently December 6th, 2022, 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: System IO Exception: Access to path denied - Cannot Rename
PostPosted: June 6th, 2022, 8:43 am 
Downloaded Clip

Hi All,

Long time user, and recently reinstalled Windows. Post reinstall I can no longer use MCM on internal or external drives to rename files/folders.

I always get something like
Code:
System.IO.IOException: Access to the path '\\<MyServerAddress>\Shared\Out\Meta\Sonic.the.Hedgehog.2.2022.1080p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H264-HAMR-4P' is denied.

Or
Code:
System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'C:\Videos\Sonic.the.Hedgehog.2.2022.1080p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H264-HAMR-4P' is denied.

I tried to do some searching around the forum, but haven't seen any recent renaming issues.

Obviously it's a permissions issue, but I don't understand why. Even running as Admin, which should solve any permission issue at least on the local disk, doesn't work.

Post subject: Re: System IO Exception: Access to path denied - Cannot Rena
PostPosted: June 12th, 2022, 7:28 am 
Downloaded Clip

I have the same problem. I'm dead in the water with MCM. Why can't we go back and download previous versions? This autoupdate stuff is crapola, because it allows THIS kind of error to happen without us (the paying customer) any recourse.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2022, 6:15 am 
Downloaded Clip

Wondering if MCM is dead in development, and if I should move on to another solution.

PostPosted: September 25th, 2022, 6:57 am 
Downloaded Clip

hoodlikegaza wrote:
Wondering if MCM is dead in development, and if I should move on to another solution.

It may was well be dead :thumbsdown: The April 29, 2022 version actually works with the renaming. I currently have to install the latest version to get the info from IMDB and TMDB. Then, I have to reinstall the April 29th version to get renaming to work. This app seems to be a mish-mash of spaghetti code that the author has clearly lost control over.

Three of us have reported this problem MONTHS ago, with no response whatsoever. It's BS that one can't download previous versions, because they are ONLY available via updates. The updates suck, since you can't uninstall them when things get broken.

IMHO, this app is trying to do too much. ALL I want is to scrape movie and tv show information for a few local files before I dump them into my archive. I don't care about download torrents, etc. I could have Kodi to it, but it takes too long to update then export all the data. The programmer should split MCM into two apps: one for scraping data and another for all the torrent/illegal downloading crapola.

That's why I paid for MCM, just to scrape local files. BIG MISTAKE! I should have just stayed on the freebie version, because now I have the right to complain about things that don't work and never seem to get resolved. Lesson learned: DON'T PURCHASE THIS APP!!

PostPosted: October 30th, 2022, 12:06 pm 
Downloaded Clip

I have a seemingly similar issue:
"System.IO.IOException: Access to the path" with rename.
I get it on the first directory
This happens with external drive and the C drive, I have run the program in admin, "took ownership", make sure no "read only", and also searched for the handle in the CPU/thread area of the resource monitor. Also tried multiple restarts.
I tried the MCM troubleshooter, and it goes all the directories/files in the folder, including the first one that throws the exception, and after a while shows (in green) completed all tests.
If I try to rename again, the program just renames the first directory (and still shows 55 titles)
I try to rename individually, most throw the "System.IO.IOException: Access to the path".
This is a new issue for me, never had the issues in years using the program.
If there is no fix, is it possible to get an old version?

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2022, 9:00 am 
Community Support

joe567890 wrote:
is it possible to get an old version?

Only on the download page announcement is the last installer.

viewforum.php?f=2

Debug logging
Help-Debug-Show developer-level debug messaging

stable version 2.24.13622.224 / May 16th, 2022