Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently November 19th, 2018, 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Downloades getting stuck between MCM and uTorrent
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2016, 5:29 pm 
Downloaded Clip

I have auto download set up for tv shows on MCM and it seems to be working fine for the most part but every now and then it will get stuck and the history page will say "downloaded and started .torrent"
after this happens the torrent will not be downloaded and never gets added to my folder for the show. if i scan for new tv shows it thinks that it has already been downloaded so will not do it again. i then have to go in to history and delete the entry for it before it will download it properly.

Post subject: Re: Downloades getting stuck between MCM and uTorrent
PostPosted: January 14th, 2017, 6:06 pm 
Original BluRay

I get this too, and I think it's a failure of the magnet link to initialise correctly. I usually only noticed when I get the next episode and realize I've missed an episode, then have to go back and check.

Delete from the download history and re-download.

Not sure if a check between started and next episode timer and if it hasn't had a success flag, it tries again?

PostPosted: January 26th, 2018, 10:44 am 
Downloaded Clip

I just started to looking to see what others had seen going on with this great piece of software.

Unsurprisingly, I too have been having this issue as well. I do not think the problem here directly falls in Pete's realm to fix though. He seems to be sending the calls out to uTorrent just fine, but it seems for some reason that uTorrent isn't starting the download from the magnet link as instructed. From what I've noticed, this always happens in batches. So that during one scan of MCM for new episodes, all the ones it sends to uTorrent that time come back "downloaded and started .torrent". The next time the scan runs it seems to work fine.

Is there a way to verify that a magnet link has started correctly? I know if you resend it it tells you it is already there... but that seems a slow method and time consuming to catch that thrown response.

Frendal

PostPosted: January 26th, 2018, 12:18 pm 
Developer/Owner

Frendal wrote:
I just started to looking to see what others had seen going on with this great piece of software.

Unsurprisingly, I too have been having this issue as well. I do not think the problem here directly falls in Pete's realm to fix though. He seems to be sending the calls out to uTorrent just fine, but it seems for some reason that uTorrent isn't starting the download from the magnet link as instructed. From what I've noticed, this always happens in batches. So that during one scan of MCM for new episodes, all the ones it sends to uTorrent that time come back "downloaded and started .torrent". The next time the scan runs it seems to work fine.

Is there a way to verify that a magnet link has started correctly? I know if you resend it it tells you it is already there... but that seems a slow method and time consuming to catch that thrown response.

Frendal
Turn on developer-level debug and watch the log activity around the time of the uTorrent API communication when broadcasting the magnet link. IIRC, uTorrent is sending back a response code that indicates success or failure. It shouldn't be, if uTorrent isn't actually downloading the torrent.

I use a rather old version of uTorrent (3.3 I think, I'd have to check) to avoid a lot of the problems with newer versions.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2018, 2:02 am 
Downloaded Clip

lalostangles wrote:
I have auto download set up for tv shows on MCM and it seems to be working fine for the most part but every now and then it will get stuck and the history page will say "downloaded and started .torrent"
after this happens the torrent will not be downloaded and never gets added to my folder for the show. if i scan for new tv shows it thinks that it has already been downloaded so will not do it again. i then have to go in to history and delete the entry for it before it will download it properly.
In the uTorrent settings page, uncheck "Remotely add torrents using uTorrent API"

To compensate for that setting, enable torrenting downloads and save the torrent files in a folder that uTorrent auto loads torrents from.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: January 30th, 2018, 1:26 pm 
Developer/Owner

FredMcNasty wrote:
lalostangles wrote:
In the uTorrent settings page, uncheck "Remotely add torrents using uTorrent API"

To compensate for that setting, enable torrenting downloads and save the torrent files in a folder that uTorrent auto loads torrents from.
This solution does not work for magnet links (and most results are magnet links).