Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

   FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently November 19th, 2018, 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Downloades getting stuck between MCM and uTorrent
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2016, 5:29 pm 
Offline
Downloaded Clip

Joined: April 22nd, 2016, 3:10 am
Posts: 2
I have auto download set up for tv shows on MCM and it seems to be working fine for the most part but every now and then it will get stuck and the history page will say "downloaded and started .torrent"
after this happens the torrent will not be downloaded and never gets added to my folder for the show. if i scan for new tv shows it thinks that it has already been downloaded so will not do it again. i then have to go in to history and delete the entry for it before it will download it properly.


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Downloades getting stuck between MCM and uTorrent
PostPosted: January 14th, 2017, 6:06 pm 
Offline
Original BluRay
User avatar

Joined: January 7th, 2011, 8:19 pm
Posts: 1295
Location: Melbourne, Australia
I get this too, and I think it's a failure of the magnet link to initialise correctly. I usually only noticed when I get the next episode and realize I've missed an episode, then have to go back and check.

Delete from the download history and re-download.

Not sure if a check between started and next episode timer and if it hasn't had a success flag, it tries again?

_________________
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."
Image


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Downloades getting stuck between MCM and uTorrent
PostPosted: January 26th, 2018, 10:44 am 
Offline
Downloaded Clip
User avatar

Joined: March 1st, 2015, 12:55 pm
Posts: 3
I just started to looking to see what others had seen going on with this great piece of software.

Unsurprisingly, I too have been having this issue as well. I do not think the problem here directly falls in Pete's realm to fix though. He seems to be sending the calls out to uTorrent just fine, but it seems for some reason that uTorrent isn't starting the download from the magnet link as instructed. From what I've noticed, this always happens in batches. So that during one scan of MCM for new episodes, all the ones it sends to uTorrent that time come back "downloaded and started .torrent". The next time the scan runs it seems to work fine.

Is there a way to verify that a magnet link has started correctly? I know if you resend it it tells you it is already there... but that seems a slow method and time consuming to catch that thrown response.

Frendal


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Downloades getting stuck between MCM and uTorrent
PostPosted: January 26th, 2018, 12:18 pm 
Offline
Developer/Owner
User avatar

Joined: May 1st, 2009, 10:12 am
Posts: 11539
Location: Meridian, ID, USA
Frendal wrote:
I just started to looking to see what others had seen going on with this great piece of software.

Unsurprisingly, I too have been having this issue as well. I do not think the problem here directly falls in Pete's realm to fix though. He seems to be sending the calls out to uTorrent just fine, but it seems for some reason that uTorrent isn't starting the download from the magnet link as instructed. From what I've noticed, this always happens in batches. So that during one scan of MCM for new episodes, all the ones it sends to uTorrent that time come back "downloaded and started .torrent". The next time the scan runs it seems to work fine.

Is there a way to verify that a magnet link has started correctly? I know if you resend it it tells you it is already there... but that seems a slow method and time consuming to catch that thrown response.

Frendal
Turn on developer-level debug and watch the log activity around the time of the uTorrent API communication when broadcasting the magnet link. IIRC, uTorrent is sending back a response code that indicates success or failure. It shouldn't be, if uTorrent isn't actually downloading the torrent.

I use a rather old version of uTorrent (3.3 I think, I'd have to check) to avoid a lot of the problems with newer versions.

_________________
Peter Souza IV
stable version 2.18.13818.935 / May 18th, 2018
Media Center Master on Facebook!


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Downloades getting stuck between MCM and uTorrent
PostPosted: January 30th, 2018, 2:02 am 
Offline
Downloaded Clip

Joined: November 15th, 2016, 11:39 pm
Posts: 8
lalostangles wrote:
I have auto download set up for tv shows on MCM and it seems to be working fine for the most part but every now and then it will get stuck and the history page will say "downloaded and started .torrent"
after this happens the torrent will not be downloaded and never gets added to my folder for the show. if i scan for new tv shows it thinks that it has already been downloaded so will not do it again. i then have to go in to history and delete the entry for it before it will download it properly.
In the uTorrent settings page, uncheck "Remotely add torrents using uTorrent API"

To compensate for that setting, enable torrenting downloads and save the torrent files in a folder that uTorrent auto loads torrents from.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Downloades getting stuck between MCM and uTorrent
PostPosted: January 30th, 2018, 1:26 pm 
Offline
Developer/Owner
User avatar

Joined: May 1st, 2009, 10:12 am
Posts: 11539
Location: Meridian, ID, USA
FredMcNasty wrote:
lalostangles wrote:
I have auto download set up for tv shows on MCM and it seems to be working fine for the most part but every now and then it will get stuck and the history page will say "downloaded and started .torrent"
after this happens the torrent will not be downloaded and never gets added to my folder for the show. if i scan for new tv shows it thinks that it has already been downloaded so will not do it again. i then have to go in to history and delete the entry for it before it will download it properly.
In the uTorrent settings page, uncheck "Remotely add torrents using uTorrent API"

To compensate for that setting, enable torrenting downloads and save the torrent files in a folder that uTorrent auto loads torrents from.
This solution does not work for magnet links (and most results are magnet links).

_________________
Peter Souza IV
stable version 2.18.13818.935 / May 18th, 2018
Media Center Master on Facebook!


 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group



Copyright © 2009-2018, Media Center Master, Inc. All rights reserved.