Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently December 10th, 2018, 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What's in a name, well, title rename and year....
PostPosted: August 27th, 2018, 4:32 pm 
Downloaded Clip

This has been posted previously and reportedly fixed but it is not working in my fresh new install (new install v2.18 build 13818.935 on a new pc using UNC connections with proper authorities to the library folders).

In this day and age of TV Show remakes it would be nice to have series release year in the individual TV Show tiles. Yes, folder structure should minimize the issue but browsing libraries it can still be confusing. Some of the other products I've worked with do this and in looking through the form I see it has been brought up before.

Borrowing from viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11063, what I'm looking for is;
Doctor Who - S01E01 - An Unearthly Child [1963-11-23]
What I'd like to be able to do is have this option:
Doctor Who (1963) - S01E01 - An Unearthly Child [1963-11-23]

Issue 1701 (https://github.com/psouza4/mediacenterm ... ssues/1707) was opened for this and reportedly incorporated in release 2.16.10817.914. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be working.

In Media Center Master -> Application -> Settings and Preferences -> Organization -> T.V. episode renaming convention:

If you enter "N (Y) - SXXEYY - T" the episode file name is renamed using the episode number instead of the series year (matching the format on the series title (T, T (Y)) so the file name is something "Doctor Who (1) - S01E01 - An Unearthly Child"

If you enter "N (YYYY) - SXXEYY - T" the file name preview below the setting shows the file name showing up with the year encoded properly but when the rename is performed the year isn't present at all. Instead you get "Doctor Who - S01E01 - An Unearthly Child".

While a separate issue, it does go hand in hand. It would be nice if the folder and file renames could occur during the scanning process as sometimes files come from outside of the MCM downloader. On the Organization setting screen there is the option to request folder and file renames during "fetch" which to me implies renames occur while fetching metadata. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to work as part of the metadata fetch. The only way I can find to run the rename functionality (renames occur) is "Tools -> Auto-rename files and folders for all titles". The challenge for this is that it runs at the scan folder (whole library) level instead of the selected folder. That takes a long time and one may only want to update a single TV Series.

Not trying to pile on but since the token naming conventions differ between series and episode but use different token standards (such as "T" vs. "N" and "Y" in series = year but "Y" in episode = episode number, "T" - Series Title and "T" Episode Title....) would it be possible to have the "T.V. series renaming tokens" section of the wiki (http://wiki.mediacentermaster.com/index ... inal_Title) completed? As the wiki is today, very little is applicable to episode renaming.

Thank you and let me know if you need any information or have any questions.