Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently October 30th, 2020, 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KODI NFO file - wrong "audio channel" info populated
PostPosted: December 27th, 2019, 11:09 am 
Downloaded Clip

Hi there,
1st post. Love MCM!... have been using it for a long time.

Hopefully a quick fix to what I found:
I was just updating my library, and working with Kodi 18.5, when I noticed bad data displayed in Kodi. And by the way, This same thing also happens on the previous version Kodi 17.6 that I also still run on another computer.

The issue is in the KODI/XBMC NFO file that MCM produces. There is a parameter under "audio", called "channels". This parameter is used by Kodi to display the channel configuration of the movie. For example 5.1 or 7.1 etc.

MCM populates the information inside the NFO file, as the "configuration form" such as 2.0 or 5.1 or 7.1 etc. For example, like this:
<audio>
<channels>7.1</channels>
<codec>DTSHD_MA</codec>
</audio>

However Kodi expects this data to be shown as "total number of channels". So for the example above, it should be populated as:
<audio>
<channels>8</channels>
<codec>DTSHD_MA</codec>
</audio>

So when Kodi sees the data as 7.1, it strips away the ".1", takes the 7 as the total number of channels, then reports that as the configuration 6.1 (6 channels + 1 sub = 7 total).... which is obviously incorrect.
The Kodi scraper generates the NFO file as it expects... 7.1 configuration is shown as "8" in the channels parameter.

Perhaps in the past, Kodi used the NFO data inclusive of configuration, but the latest versions expect total # of channels....

Therefore, could MCM be updated to configure the NFO file in a way that Kodi can read it correctly?

Note: in MCM i have it checked the box to generate the KODI/XBMC NFO file, and then in the KODI tab I have selected the "version of kodi" as "frodo V12 or later"... there doesnt seem to be another setting in there to configure that particular parameter. Perhaps there needs to be a new "V17.6 or later" option that modifies that <channels> parameter configuration?...

thanks!
wally.....