Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently December 14th, 2017, 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Conflict with Ember generated NFO
PostPosted: September 21st, 2016, 6:34 pm 
Community Support

If I understand everything correctly MCM will read the IDs from your nfo to fetch that id info from MCM fetchers. It will not import all metadata from nfo and write an xml.

Debug logging
Help-Debug-Show developer-level debug messaging

stable version 2.17.26917.859 / September 26th, 2017

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2016, 1:08 am 
Xvid Movie

Why would it need to fetch when it's given the information it needs to write the xml? Seems unnecessary...

And the facts are (well certainly from my perspective) :
When I first started using this tool at end of 2012/start of 2013, I would first have Ember create and download the artwork of my choice (a feature MCM doesn't cater for). Open up MCM and perform a reinspect action (not fetch). MCM would then populate all the necessary details (from nfo, including Embers MPAA and certification style, which is country and rating, e.g. UK:15) and write xml.
Then towards end of 2013, Ember changed the id code line in the nfo to include both imdb and moviedb ids. MCM did not like this. If I removed the moviedb id from nfo and did a reinspect action, MCM would work exactly the same as above.
So I raised this as a potential bug, which Pete fixed in 2014. You even advised me to raise it as a bug in this same thread at the time.
MCM has since dealt with this handling style without issue until recently; about the time I resurrected this thread again.

So in brief, MCM worked in this way, stopped working, was fixed, worked again but has now stopped. I find it hard to believe it was a fluke that it's work twice...

PostPosted: February 20th, 2017, 4:04 pm 
Xvid Movie

I am sorry to resurrect this however with this feature not working, it is making my use of this program next to unusable. As you can see from the below quote from Pete many months ago, this feature was added and was working perfectly well.

Pete wrote:
Added support for Ember's version of movie.nfo, which deviates from Kodi/XBMC's specs. Thus this was a feature request, not a program defect/bug. Nonetheless, it's rolled into today's auto-update patch. :)

Would it be at all possible to get hold of an old version that I can test? It was only in a future release that this stopped working. As you can see from the start of this thread, I confirmed that a release early December 2014 had this feature working. Is there any chance of me laying my hand on a copy of that release?

PostPosted: February 20th, 2017, 4:11 pm 
Community Support

Only old releases available are on the download page.

Debug logging

PostPosted: February 20th, 2017, 5:51 pm 
Xvid Movie

Thank you Doug!!!

I have proved that this worked in versions 2.13-2.15 but not 2.16.

Here is exactly what I did:
I uninstalled v 2.16 but kept the preferences file.
I copied 3 test moves across to my scan folder and deleted the movie.xml file leaving the video file, the .nfo and artwork created by Ember.
I then installed v 2.13 and opened it making sure it did not auto update.
MCM immediately retrieved the metadata from the Ember .nfo exactly per the information in that file.
I uninstalled and repeat through to v2.15 (deleting the movie.xml each time) and everything worked as I expected, retrieving the metadata from the Ember generated .nfo.
To be absolutely sure, I decided to once again delete the movie.xml and upgrade to v2.16. This time it DID NOT retrieve the information from the Ember generated .nfo and performing a refresh was not successful.

So I went back to v2.15 to be double sure and it still worked as expected.

I will therefore be sticking with v2.15 until this is fixed. Please could I have an ETA on the fix so that I know when to allow MCM to auto-update. Please do let me know what other information I can supply to help with the fix. Many thanks.

One thing to note is if I delete the movie.xmls and then open v2.15 and perform a "refresh from metadata (also re-inspects video file details)" it doesn't retrieve the video quality or details from the Ember .nfo but does the Score, Rating and Genre. If I remove the Ember .nfo, it doesn't retrieve this information either (as expected).
If I then perform a "Refresh and re-inspects video file details", MCM retrieves everything. It grabs the quality and video detail by using VidInfo plugin.

Added to the bug tracker here:
https://github.com/psouza4/mediacenterm ... ssues/1754

PostPosted: March 29th, 2017, 11:38 am 
Xvid Movie

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask this question, however is this bug being worked on?

PostPosted: April 13th, 2017, 11:03 am 
Developer/Owner

I've updated the issue tracker directly with my comments.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2017, 3:59 pm 
Community Support

added this to the 2.16.10417.711

Issue 1754

Debug logging

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 9:56 am 
Xvid Movie

Ok sorry but I am now really struggling...

I updated to the new version. Opened the tool and no files appear until I switched on auto-scan. So the files in the scan list were not automatically added.

So I deleted the scan folder (a network drive) and tried to readd but it didn't allow me too.

Reverted back to 2.15 as knew that was working but still couldn't add the drive...

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 10:16 am 
Xvid Movie

Ignore! I hadn't checked UAC...

Also can report the fix is currently working :D

Thanks for your work Pete, much appreciated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next