Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently December 18th, 2017, 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TVDB Admins
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2015, 11:23 pm 
Flash Video

So I rely heavily on MCM to keep my stuff organized and for the most part it does a good job. When things get misfiled, it's usually because of faulty data on the TVDB website.

Today I noticed that my season 6 episodes of House were all FUBAR. It's because TVDB lists only 21 episodes even though there are 22 on the DVD.

I created an account to fix it, but the page has been locked by site admins. So I went to the forums and explained it was wrong and sited sources and they were incredibly rude and threatened to ban me.

Anyone else have a bad experience with the admins at TVDB?

Quote:
I told you this wasn't going to be discussed. You're wasting your time and ours. Post on this again and you will be banned.

Post subject: Re: TVDB Admins
PostPosted: December 4th, 2015, 12:21 pm 
Community Support

waverunnr wrote:
Today I noticed that my season 6 episodes of House were all FUBAR. It's because TVDB lists only 21 episodes even though there are 22 on the DVD.

thetvdb is very strict with it's rules and only wants episodes listed in the same manner as they were listed at Fox when the episodes aired. thetvdb is specifically designed for original TV Series information as it was listed by the original network at the time of it's original airing dates. Although thetvdb provides users with a method to add supplemental information for DVDs, they do not care what is listed as the DVD episode order that is released after the season ends.

At the time of this writing thetvdb forum site was down, but I am sure there are several discussions, topics, about this issue after the episode aired and again after the DVD was released. In other words you are bringing up old stuff that has already been discussed, debuted, and resolved more than once and this is the reason for your warning.

waverunnr wrote:
Quote:
I told you this wasn't going to be discussed. You're wasting your time and ours. Post on this again and you will be banned.

Because House is no longer airing and Fox has removed the episode listing for House on their website, using thetvdb rules and information listed in the spoiler below from Amazon's Product Description from a Season 6 DVD (here)

The first episode (Broken) of Season 6 is a special two part episode that aired on the same night and is counted as one episode because that is the way Fox aired it and listed it on their website.

Product Description
Get ready for a full dose of medical mysteries with 21 episodes of the riveting drama series, House. Hugh Laurie is joined by James Earl Jones (Star Wars), Laura Prepon (That '70s Show) and David Strathairn (The Bourne Ultimatum) in guest appearances as he returns to his Golden Globe® winning and Primetime Emmy® Award-nominated role as Dr. Gregory House. In this brilliant sixth season, House finds himself in an uncomfortable position— away from the examination room. As he works to regain his license and his life, his coworkers deal with the staff shakeups, moral dilemmas, and their own tricky relationships with House. And when House returns more obstinate than ever, Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital will never be the same again.

Amazon.com
The sixth season of House, M.D. starts off with a phenomenal two-part episode that sets the tone for the rest of the year. After years of abusing prescription drugs (and colleagues), Dr. Gregory House (Hugh Laurie) finds himself in a psychiatric ward as a patient who is not so patient with his own doctor. Smart and manipulative, House tries to finagle his way out of the hospital. But his selfish actions set off a chain reaction of events that manage to shake even his own confidence--temporarily, at least. This season spends a lot of time delving into House's psyche and the writers do a wonderful job depicting a brilliant, sad, and flawed man who knows more than most, but not enough to save every patient who comes to see him. That glimpse allows viewers to sympathize with his addictions but leaves them guessing as to whether the good doctor will be able to shake his dependency on drugs for good. However, viewers are never actually convinced when House quits his job. In many ways, he is his job.