Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently October 19th, 2017, 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: no wmc due to windows 10 whats the answer?
PostPosted: March 31st, 2016, 11:38 am 
Downloaded Clip

hi I am a newbie.

have now lost wmc due to windows 10 (hope at later date a new version appears)
but in the meantime can I still use the browser in some form. I use a 3d Samsung t.v 6100 series on hdmi lead over 16 tb of films/tv.

or do I use Mede8er unit (like to use your software as they ask to use
(YAMJ)
mede8er

YAMJ is a command line tool used to create a jukebox for your locally stored video files. This jukebox can either be saved as a HTML format or ActionScript (flash).

Primarily this jukebox is aimed at the Cloud Media players, but it has been sucessfully used with other players too.

YAMJ supports many different sources of data, such as TheMovieDB, TheTVDB, Allocine, etc. and therefore many different languages.

but as all my film in folders with folder(cover)/(the movie in mp4)/1 background/movie(info) format i.e your format and yours works there somewhat behind with a lot of bugs as viewed in there forum. david

Post subject: Re: no wmc due to windows 10 whats the answer?
PostPosted: April 4th, 2016, 1:15 pm 
Flash Video

You're not getting WMC back. It was discontinued. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/30/technology/personaltech/replacing-windows-media-center.html?_r=0

If your computer is near your TV. Continue to use the HDMI cable to connect the two. Install Plex or EMBY on your computer. These two solutions make your computer into a local web server that can playback content and transcode files from one format to another on the fly to any networked device in your house including the computer you install it on. Using a web browser on your local computer you can playback the content on your TV through HDMI. If you have other devises like a PS4, PS3, xbox360, xbox1, most smart TV's, android device or iOS device. Plex and EMBY are compatible with them too. You'll be able to playback all the content on your computer to your device over your home wired/wireless network.

Mede8er looks like they have some interesting devices. Havent seen anything that makes them better than a Roku for doing what you want. Except the option to install a local internal HDD and the added NAS (network attached storage) functionality. The processors are slow so the NAS performance will suffer when you're using the device to playback local content. Example, If you have another device in your house trying to read or write data to the mede8er device, while it is playing a HD movie to your TV, the speed of the file transfer to the other device or the processing of the local video playback might slow down or halt. Also, if you have 16TB of files on your local computer. Their device can only handle 6TB according to the product pages. You would have to buy a 6tb hard drive to go inside the device. Which increases its cost of ownership. I do like their remote control though.

Stop using YAMJ. Media Center Master has all of that functionality and more. It also has a nice GUI and isnt command line driven. And in my experience hasnt been bugy like YAMJ is.

Hardware: 12.7TB Media Volume (8x2TB in RAID 5), 12.7TB Backup Volume (8x2TB in RAID 5) 1TB OS Volume (2x1TB WD Black in RAID 1), 2x Dell Perc 5/i RAID cards for Media and Backup Volumes, Built in RAID for OS Volume, AMD 2.81GHz Quad Core CPU (overclocked to 3.20GHz), 16GB DDR3 1866MHz RAM, Dual Gig NICs

~~Have you tried turning it off and on again?~~