Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently October 23rd, 2018, 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

How should we handle this news?
Poll ended at March 3rd, 2012, 8:49 pm
Accept the magnet link without file/size filtering (at least initially) and auto-launch the magnet link. 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
Remove thepiratebay.se from the list of torrent sites we search from and look into new sites. 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: The Pirate Bay magnet links only (poll)
PostPosted: February 25th, 2012, 8:49 pm 
Developer/Owner

Anyone have a preference on how we deal with The Pirate Bay's decision to stop hosting .torrent files?

As of February 29th, 2012, only magnet: links will be served.

http://thepiratebay.se/blog/199
http://thepiratebay.se/blog/206

If we accept the magnet link, we can only auto-launch it (we can't save the .torrent file because there is none, although it may be possible to create a fake .torrent in a future update from a magnet link)... this means there won't be a way to transfer it to another machine for torrenting and it also means that the files can't be evaluated (restrict certain file extensions, filter torrent sizes for HD/SD, etc.).

Post subject: Re: The Pirate Bay magnet links only (poll)
PostPosted: February 26th, 2012, 3:25 am 
Original BluRay

I only use EZTV.it as my source in MCM. So it doesn't affect me directly in regards to MCM automation, but it does for remote addition of .torrent files via dropbox I currently use.

FYI I get an error when trying to vote, so can't vote.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2012, 8:32 am 
Developer/Owner

Rumbaar wrote:
FYI I get an error when trying to vote, so can't vote.
Fixed, sorry. :shock:

PostPosted: February 28th, 2012, 6:36 pm 
Developer/Owner

Trigger is pulled: http://thepiratebay.se/blog/208

PostPosted: February 28th, 2012, 7:09 pm 
Xvid Movie

I only use demonoid cause of the letters i have gotten in the past for copyright violation from my cable company. I throw the torrents in the torrent folder i designated for MCM to pickup. I also use newgroups mostly.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2012, 5:34 am 
Downloaded Clip

I have a completely different proposition.
Since this is probably going to be the way other sites will go towards. Just fire up uTorrent with the magnet link.

Using uTorren't web interface, you can "inspect" the download (the files are listed) and if the criteria is not met, just delete the whole torrent queue (just as if it was done downloading)

PostPosted: March 1st, 2012, 9:15 am 
Developer/Owner

DigiM4x wrote:
I only use demonoid cause of the letters i have gotten in the past for copyright violation from my cable company. I throw the torrents in the torrent folder i designated for MCM to pickup. I also use newgroups mostly.
Demonoid only allows guests to download 10 torrents per day (and a torrent file must be downloaded to be inspected, so a single search may download your limit for one movie). The site is closed to new registrations. I actually do have the code in place to search their site, but it's useless while the site remains private.

drjp81 wrote:
I have a completely different proposition.
Since this is probably going to be the way other sites will go towards. Just fire up uTorrent with the magnet link.

Using uTorren't web interface, you can "inspect" the download (the files are listed) and if the criteria is not met, just delete the whole torrent queue (just as if it was done downloading)
We can't presume everyone will have uTorrent installed and more to the point, the first option is just as involved -- we'd be using the MonoTorrent library to DHT-inspect the torrent through magnet directly rather than asking uTorrent to do it for us. Your suggestion would also have potential issues such as wasting large amounts of bandwidth or if something went wrong during inspection, downloading lots and lots of useless files. It'd also slow the downloader to an absolute crawl while it sat and waited to inspect each file (while it waited for uTorrent).

To keep things speedy and without loss of functionality, I don't think that's really a viable option. Good to consider, but ultimately not what we're after.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 3:02 pm 
Flash Video

Pete wrote:
Demonoid only allows guests to download 10 torrents per day (and a torrent file must be downloaded to be inspected, so a single search may download your limit for one movie). The site is closed to new registrations. I actually do have the code in place to search their site, but it's useless while the site remains private.

What if you have a valid login to Demonoid? Will your code work properly? It would be nice to have demonoid as a selectable torrent site to use for those of us that have a valid login. And perhaps just add a warning or message in MCM that says a valid login is required when demonoid is checked.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 6:37 pm 
Xvid Movie

dementia wrote:
Pete wrote:

What if you have a valid login to Demonoid? Will your code work properly? It would be nice to have demonoid as a selectable torrent site to use for those of us that have a valid login. And perhaps just add a warning or message in MCM that says a valid login is required when demonoid is checked.

Agree, it lets me download more than 10 torrents a day... Hell you use NZBmatrix and paying customers only get 20 a day.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2012, 9:35 am 
Developer/Owner

DigiM4x wrote:
Hell you use NZBmatrix and paying customers only get 20 a day.
Huh? I get hundreds as a VIP at NZBMatrix. $10 for a ten-year sub.