Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently May 26th, 2020, 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Website?
PostPosted: December 17th, 2009, 5:28 pm 
Donor

First I'd like to say: holy... freakin... crap.
This program is absolutely amazing, I've had an HTPC for about 6 years (yes, seriously), and I have yet to find a program this well done that seems to fill some serious voids in common features (downloading!, accurate meta, etc).

However, I'd like to make one comment. If I was just looking at the front page of the site, I NEVER would have dl'ed the program. From the front page it looks like an old abandonware plugin.

I was referred here by a friend (who is apparently more open minded than I, and has more free time to play with programs), who said this was a dominant app.

He was ABSOLUTELY right, but I think a bit of a website redesign would really help bring more people to the program. I'm not a website designer, but I'm sure if you put a sticky notice at the top asking for someone to make a few changes to the front page, you'd be able to find an enthusiast who would do it.

Keep up the great work!

Post subject: Re: Website?
PostPosted: December 17th, 2009, 5:35 pm 
Developer/Owner

Thanks for the kudos.

Are you talking about the website at www.MediaCenterMaster.com or the 'about Media Center Master' thread?

Post subject: Re: Website?
PostPosted: December 17th, 2009, 7:40 pm 
Donor

Sorry, should have clarified that a little better. I'm talking about the main site (http://www.mediacentermaster.com/). The forum looks fine (all forums pretty much look the same anyway).

But yeah, if the main site were overhauled a bit, I really think more people would be included to try it. (which of course means more headaches, but more donations and more dev's for plugins too!) Out of all the programs I've used, I haven't found one that handles tv episode automation quite as well as this one. That feature alone would bring a lot of ppl to the app.

Anyway, just a suggestion, as I know I've used DOZENS of different HTPC apps just to try them out, and only reason I found this one was on a random thread about adding trailer functionality to mediabrowser. Which, incidentally, I STILL haven't tried out as I've been far too entertained with all the other aspects of this program.

Thanks again for the great coding work.