Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently October 21st, 2018, 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Not directly MCM related but sure you can help
PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 10:31 am 
Xvid Movie

I am writing a small app that automatically re-encodes certain files BEFORE mcm processes them primarily to reduce the size of very large videos.

Consequently I am intercepting the download between the time it is completed in utorrent and the time it is placed in the MCM processing directory. I am using the web-ui in utorrent and it is set and working properly in MCM.

The problem comes in that the file remains in the utorrent's completed directory after it is done and this triggers a "file in use" error. I need to clear the completed before I re-encode the file.

MCM does have a feature that clears completed, however it *could* be unreliable to tell my app to wait and hope the file is cleared by MCM. It would be far more efficient to have my app clear the file from utorrent' s completed folder before it begins processing.

So here is the question:
Can someone tell me HOW MCM automatically clears completed torrents from utorrent? Obviously it does it via the web-ui, but I cannot find any docs or references that advise what command would have to be sent via the web ui to automatically clear the torrent from utorrent without user interaction.

I realize this is not a MCM problem or issue but I am hoping that Pete (or someone else smarter the me) would be kind enough to tell me how to send the "clear completed" command to utorrent?

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Not directly MCM related but sure you can help
PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 2:59 pm 
Original BluRay

Why not just let uTorrent and MCM move the completed file to a directory of your choosing. MCM can remove it via it's processes and then your post processing can encode and move to the MCM watch folder?

But yes uTorrent forums would be the best place to learn or ask question about their API.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 3:15 pm 
Xvid Movie

Rumbaar wrote:
Why not just let uTorrent and MCM move the completed file to a directory of your choosing. MCM can remove it via it's processes and then your post processing can encode and move to the MCM watch folder?

But yes uTorrent forums would be the best place to learn or ask question about their API.

Thank you for responding.

That is a viable option which I have considered and will probably have to go that way if I am unable to get an answer to this question. The reason I have elected to process before MCM gets the is because I sometimes download files that are not videos or tv and have nothing to do with MCM so this gives me a method to deal with those files, delete trash, convert if a video and then give it to MCM to deal with.

Regarding the utorrent forums, as you may know, any talk about removing files from completed folder is consider an attempt to avoid seeding which is a capital offense as far as the utorrent developers are concerned and they are unwilling to provide any help with anything that will encourage people not to seed. I know I tried.

If it is not a trade secret, maybe Pete will give me a clue as to the method he used. I am sure it is simple and would be appreciated. ;)

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 7:55 pm 
Developer/Owner

No trade secrets -- it's all documented. Use the 'remove' action via official uTorrent API docs:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php ... 61#p318056

'remove' removes a torrent and 'removedata' removes a torrent and deletes all associated data (except the .torrent file, which can't be deleted using the API).

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 9:16 pm 
Xvid Movie

Pete wrote:
No trade secrets -- it's all documented. Use the 'remove' action via official uTorrent API docs:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php ... 61#p318056

'remove' removes a torrent and 'removedata' removes a torrent and deletes all associated data (except the .torrent file, which can't be deleted using the API).

Thanks Pete!