Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently June 22nd, 2018, 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Exporting entire library in full detail to HTML
PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 12:18 am 
Flash Video

So i have quiet a few movie titles like alot actually over 2000+ and they are located on my desktop and laptop. When i exported to html actually able to use new media report because all the titles on my laptop are new so the list showed up in HTML just like the regular export to HTML does except it showed a little bit more detail like it included the column Quality ( that shows if its 1080p or 720p etc) and also the column video and audio that show you detailed info of both audio and video. But then i went to my desktop and wanted to do the same thing with all the rest of my titles so i could take all of them combined and transfer them into an excel spreadsheet so i can keep what i want and delete what i dont and then instead of just having a list of titles that are organized by alphabetical order i would be able to sort them by genre or rating or year they came out or score of each from IMDB and so on. My main question here is because my desktop titles have been on there for awhile i wasnt able to use the new media report list option in MCM because only like 3 title even showed up so i was only able to export into HTML list which is fine except the result was it did not include the 3 extra columns as i described above like Quality, Video, And Audio which i really want to have and so far after thinking into it all i can think of to be able to get this would be to move all the titles to different folder on my desktop so that MCM will register them as "new" media so i can use the New Media Report option that would include those 3 other columns. IS there any other way i can accomplish this and get the 3 other columns without having to find somewhere to move my entire library of over 2000+ titles? i really hope there is cuz as u can imagine it takes up quiet a bit of space sso i dont have that much empty space to be able to move them. thanks tom

Post subject: Re: Exporting entire library in full detail to HTML
PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 12:44 am 
Community Support

Just an out loud thought, if the movies are in a folder, would renaming the folder work for you?

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 12:54 am 
Flash Video

Robert d wrote:
Just an out loud thought, if the movies are in a folder, would renaming the folder work for you?

Im not sure if it would or not. if i where to rename them would it make MCM think they where all new media. I dont want to rename them if i do not know that it will work for sure because like i said its over 2000+ files so it would take forever to do that. i really hope that im just missing something that is really easy to achive my desired outcome but thank you

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 2:15 am 
Community Support

I had just got out of bed, because I could not sleep. That was the reason for "out loud thought."

No, to renaming each movie folder. I was thinking more in line that all of your movies/movie folders are in one parent folder, such as "Movies." Rename "Movies" to something like "Movies 02" or "Movies B." The simple thought of renaming would be easier and faster than moving 2000+ movies.

You mentioned 2 computers, and I don't know how your working with MCM using these two computers.

Maybe a new install of MCM on the second computer. The movies would then be new to a different installation of MCM.

Or, maybe, I should just go back to bed!

You mention doing all of this, so you can sort your collection using a spreadsheet in order to decide what movies to delete.

You can sort/filter your collection in MCM's UI by clicking the column headers. Left click a column will sort ascending and descending. Right click will give a menu for selective filtering, and hide/show columns. The "View & Filtering" button at the bottom of the collection list gives even more options. You can filter your list all kinds of different ways.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 2:40 pm 
Original BluRay

So short request, can Pete make the full HTML media report included the same details as the new media report?

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 4:24 pm 
Flash Video

Rumbaar wrote:
So short request, can Pete make the full HTML media report included the same details as the new media report?

@Rumbaar. Thank you, yes that is exactly what i was trying to say, either what you said or what would be even alittle bit nicer is if he could possibly make it totally customizable so when you press HTML media report it would open up a dialog box before trying to build the report and let you choose what info you would like it to include or what in you would like it to leave out based on your personal needs or wants thanks. do i need to post this in a different section so Pete can see it or am i inn the right spot that he will be able to see it?

If he could do this for me and everyone else i think that would enjoy it quite a bit. i will put together my excel spreadsheet like i explained briefly that lets you sort by column, & i know you can sort inside the MCM but the Excel sheet enables you to be able to send out a list to family and friends and let them sort through them and see if there are any movies that they'd like to borrow from you or whatever, because MCM is not as common as MS Office as most all know. thank you so much if you could help in any possible way to get this going forward. Tom

PostPosted: January 19th, 2013, 3:31 am 
Original BluRay

You can try to make a suggestion / request entry in the Issue Tracker. That's the best way to get it too Pete and have others 'star' it and get it possibly included.

PostPosted: January 26th, 2013, 1:17 pm 
Downloaded Clip

I'm new to posting on this forum, so this question may be dumb, but...

Was this posted as issue number 1177?
This feature request is similar, but asks for a custom template which may appeal to more people.

If so, how does one go about "...staring..." the issue?

Regards,
Dan

PostPosted: January 29th, 2013, 11:18 am 
Developer/Owner

DM2 wrote:
Was this posted as issue number 1177?
This feature request is similar, but asks for a custom template which may appeal to more people.
It's close enough. :)

DM2 wrote:
If so, how does one go about "...staring..." the issue?
There's an outline of a star next to each issue (if you are logged in from a Google account). Click the star shape and it will fill in ('starring' it). Every time somebody does, it votes for priority on an issue.