Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently August 20th, 2018, 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TV requests (originally "TV Support")
PostPosted: May 8th, 2009, 11:18 pm 
Developer/Owner

MikeyJ wrote:
1. Will there be facilities for editing cover and backdrop images similar to Media Scout?

Yep, I'm working on that next, as well as an editor for the Actors and Crew list. Then, probably the individual episodes meta data editor.

MikeyJ wrote:
2. Any chance of getting more specific control of which torrents are acceptable to grab? For example, I had MCM grab the latest episode of a TV show and it went and grabbed an Xvid .avi file whereas I would rather only grab a 720p .mkv version.

I can add another tag to the series.xml that requires torrents to have 720p as part of their torrent name when set. That wouldn't be hard. Would that do it for you?

MikeyJ wrote:
Also, I can have MCM go grab the latest ver of my shows and then auto-download those via uTorrent. Not sure of the best way to automatically have those renamed and moved to the proper folders without interaction?

Something that I am working on for myself as well -- typically the more I have a personal need for something, the more I feel inclined to write code to make it happen. I don't subscribe to television service (I can't get satellite where I'm at and I'm not paying for cable), so I rely on most of my TV needs from torrents.

I think the way I'll wind up doing this is using the MonoTorrent library (I'm actually already referencing it in the project, just not using it currently) to append a code to the name of the torrent or modify the torrent in some way that cues Media Center Master to know what to do with it if it sees it sitting in a completed download folder.

Of course, the next problem may be -- what happens if you get a crappy download (mislabeled, poor quality, forced subtitles, password protected archive, etc.)? I'm still brainstorming of ways to eliminate the overhead while still leaving a large portion of the automation process up to the program. Additionally, I will also likely make the installation of WinRAR mandatory(for UnRAR.EXE) so archives can be auto-extracted.

I dunno -- there's a LOT of high-end maintenance that MCM would need to be smart enough to handle, or alternatively, a set of configurable rules (pattern matching, perhaps with RegEx) that could help. I'll keep you posted.

MikeyJ wrote:
Pretty good so far! Like the new additions. I'm a programmer as well so I can appreciate the speed at which you are releasing updates.

MikeyJ wrote:
Thanks for the good work Pete! If you need any help with web work or graphics for MCM or otherwise, let me know.

Thanks for the kudos! I'll be sure to let you know if I'm looking for anything...

Post subject: Re: TV Support
PostPosted: May 10th, 2009, 12:18 pm 
High-Def MKV

Currently I use metabrowser for TV shows because it can move the shows from one location to another. This feature is really nice, as I use tvnzb to fetch the nzb for the shows I want. The only problem I have is with tv shows like the daily show and colbert report which don't generally follow the naming conventions of other tv shows.

So some sort of option to move shows would be great.

Post subject: Re: TV requests (originally "TV Support")
PostPosted: May 11th, 2009, 12:49 pm 
High-Def MKV

I just let mediabrowser handle the genres.

I was going to do it by myself, but mediabrowser does a good job (especially once you have proper metadata).

Post subject: Re: TV Support
PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 6:09 pm 
Developer/Owner

MikeyJ wrote:
MCM found a new episode of Dollhouse last nite and uTorrent downloaded it to a "downloaded torrents" folder. I need that file to be moved to "M:\\Media\TV\Dollhouse\Season 1\".

lorac wrote:
Currently I use metabrowser for TV shows because it can move the shows from one location to another. This feature is really nice, as I use tvnzb to fetch the nzb for the shows I want. The only problem I have is with tv shows like the daily show and colbert report which don't generally follow the naming conventions of other tv shows.

So some sort of option to move shows would be great.

Hey guys,

Please update to the latest build of Media Center Master. It now includes auto-move/organization of TV episode downloads (see the release notes). Please give me some feedback on how this works (or doesn't work) for you. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: TV requests (originally "TV Support")
PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 4:21 pm 
High-Def MKV

I did look at a little, but I don't understand which folder the tv episodes would be moved to...

So right now, my tv shows are downloaded with newsleecher via tvnzb and then extracted to a network folder. I just didn't see the option to move the files somewhere else...

Maybe I need to have all the shows moved to the root of my tv folder (ie. k:\tv) and then it will place them in their appropriate folders?

I don't think you need to have winrar installed, as a number of program (autounpack / parbuddy) come with unrar.exe.

Well, i'll play around with it.