Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

   FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently November 16th, 2018, 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New plugin in progress... CDONswe
PostPosted: July 15th, 2009, 3:39 pm 
Offline
Downloaded Clip

Joined: July 15th, 2009, 3:27 pm
Posts: 4
Hello!

Im trying my best to develop a new movie scraper plugin for the swedish media site cdon.se. I have downloaded the VS2008 templates and I think I understand how I should modify the code, but I cant seem to get MCM to read in the plugin. The newly copied DLL is not available in the selection window "Manage fetchers and plugins", I even tried to hardcode the plugin in MCM:s config file without success.

Is there something else you have to do?


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: New plugin in progress... CDONswe
PostPosted: July 15th, 2009, 3:48 pm 
Offline
Developer/Owner
User avatar

Joined: May 1st, 2009, 10:12 am
Posts: 11539
Location: Meridian, ID, USA
If it doesn't detect it, then there's something wrong with your code (it will re-detect valid plugins any time you enter the Manage Fetchers & Plugins window, even if MCM hasn't been restarted), most likely because you aren't exporting a required function.

Contact me on messenger and we'll hash it out.

MSN/Live: psouza4@msn.com
AIM: PeteSIV
Yahoo: psouza4

_________________
Peter Souza IV
stable version 2.18.13818.935 / May 18th, 2018
Media Center Master on Facebook!


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: New plugin in progress... CDONswe
PostPosted: July 15th, 2009, 4:44 pm 
Offline
Developer/Owner
User avatar

Joined: May 1st, 2009, 10:12 am
Posts: 11539
Location: Meridian, ID, USA
This issue has been resolved. The default compilation settings needed to be adjusted from x86 to Any CPU for target processor when compiling under an x64 environment.

_________________
Peter Souza IV
stable version 2.18.13818.935 / May 18th, 2018
Media Center Master on Facebook!


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: New plugin in progress... CDONswe
PostPosted: July 16th, 2009, 4:05 pm 
Offline
Downloaded Clip

Joined: July 15th, 2009, 3:27 pm
Posts: 4
After that (somewhat weird) issue, things are coming along fine :) thanx again Pete.

I have a request though... not sure if I should use this forum or the "Request" but since we are talking technical stuff about the plugins here I figured I just go on here.

For some foreign movies (not all) in Sweden, a swedish title is decided. That leaves us with a original title and a local title. My request is that the MCM_Common.MovieInfo object is extended to hold both titles, since the XML schema supports four titles (LocalTitle, OriginalTitle, SortTitle, ForcedTitle) it would be pretty neat if the titles were correctly updated directly.

My guess is that all users from non-english countries would appreciate this (when more plugins are developed...)


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: New plugin in progress... CDONswe
PostPosted: July 16th, 2009, 4:45 pm 
Offline
Developer/Owner
User avatar

Joined: May 1st, 2009, 10:12 am
Posts: 11539
Location: Meridian, ID, USA
Request observed -- beginning in version 1.14.19709.987, plugin fetchers now support individual title members.

_________________
Peter Souza IV
stable version 2.18.13818.935 / May 18th, 2018
Media Center Master on Facebook!


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: New plugin in progress... CDONswe
PostPosted: July 19th, 2009, 2:33 am 
Offline
Downloaded Clip

Joined: July 15th, 2009, 3:27 pm
Posts: 4
Hello again,

While end testing my plugin I found a new problem that I cant seem to solve myself. Heres is what happens when I search for a movie where the title contains the swedish letter å, ä or ö:

Quote:
MCM: now working on Sällskapsresan
MCM: talking to CDONswe...
MCM: searching by title/year...
cdon.se: No results for 'Sallskapsresan'
MCM: talking to tMDB...
MCM: searching by title/year...
themoviedb.org: Found #16026, "Sällskapsresan" (1980-08-22)
themoviedb.org: Found #19181, "Sällskapsresan 2" ()


See line 1 and 4 (where I have added the input variable sTitle to the log output to see what I actually searched for). It seems MCM in the searches is replacing å and ä with a, and that ö is replaced with o. This still seem to work fine with searches against TMDb, but CDON does not have that type of auto conversion and can not find the title.


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: New plugin in progress... CDONswe
PostPosted: August 4th, 2009, 8:05 am 
Offline
Downloaded Clip

Joined: July 15th, 2009, 3:27 pm
Posts: 4
Hello again,

Sorry to say I need to put my plugin on hold for some time. I am involved in a few other projects (plus work) that needs my attention more... :geek:


 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group



Copyright © 2009-2018, Media Center Master, Inc. All rights reserved.