Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently October 20th, 2017, 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Amazon Fetcher
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2013, 8:07 pm 
Downloaded Clip

Is the Amazon fetcher ever coming back? I have several titles that are not entered into any of the other fetchers.
Here are a couple UFC titles as an example that I can't find anywhere except on Amazon...
1) UFC: Ultimate 100 Greatest Fights (2009) - AMAZON Link: http://www.amazon.com/UFC-Ultimate-100-Greatest-Fights/dp/B002GU65M4
2) UFC: Ultimate 100 Greatest Fight Moments [DVD] | AMAZON Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/UFC-Ultimate-Greatest-Fight-Moments/dp/B002YIUCCM

I would have posted this to the Amazon Fetcher thread but the last post to it was 2 or 3 yrs old.
I use XBMC almost exculsively however I do also quite like JRiver Media Center. In my opinion XBMC has the slickest looking and just best all around solution for a Media Center setup, plus it is FREE!!! However JRiver MC has much more functionality and options (with exception of the "Theater View, which is means a lot to me), JRiver MC is much more complicated as well and no where as easy to use as XBMC. I use MCM to fetch all the meta data, and art work because my library is getting close to hitting 8TB, between Movies, TV Shows, UFC, Disney Classics (I have kids), Documentaries, and National Geographic collection. With a library of 3000+ titles MCM is an absolute LIFE SAVER and I could not imagine life without it! I LOVE IT!!! AND THANK YOU PETE for all of the hard work and regular updates. Other that the above mentioned issue. The XBMC integration seems to kill my collections in XBMC even if I create them as a collection in MCM. Any plans on fixing that in the near future??? If it had the Amazon Fetcher back as well as ability to manage collections correctly when using XBMC integration, in my eyes it would be PERFECT. Please don't get me wrong, I am not complaining!!! The program is a freaking incredible bargain for all of the functionality for the dollar, and when I am in a little better place financially I plan on donating what I can, when I can, as it is worth way more than the asking price to me!!!
Wow, sorry I wrote a novel here but I have been using MCM for over a yr now and I just had to share and express in regards to my experience with MCM.
Thank you in advance for your attention to my inquiry/s.

Best Regards,
Jonathan Galbraith
Owner | Full Spec Web Design - www.FullSpecWeb.com
WORKING AS A TEAM TO EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS!
Internet Manager | Freedom Automotive Group - www.NothingLikeFreedom.com
THERE'S NOTHING, NADA, NO WAY, NO HOW, NOT ANYTHING, LIKE FREEDOM

Post subject: Re: Amazon Fetcher
PostPosted: September 25th, 2013, 8:24 am 
Developer/Owner

As far as the Amazon fetcher goes, here's my most recent message dated last month:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7867

Basically: it's out of my hands -- I didn't write it, I don't have the source for it, and I am not in contact with the author. I may at some point develop my own fetcher for Amazon, but likely not in the near future.

If you want to see actionable feature requests, make sure you 'star' features (or enter them) into the Issue Tracker. :)

PostPosted: September 25th, 2013, 9:08 am 
Downloaded Clip

Okay, I searched several times but never came across that thread. Anyway thanks for responding so quickly.
As far as my complaints with the XBMC integration not working correctly, I read some more and now have the collections all showing up correctly using the "Boxset/Collection" in MCM. I just wasn't refetching after creating the collection. So no the Amazon fetcher is my ONLY issue with MCM, which for the price is simply amazing!!!
Thank you Pete for all of your hard work! I know that for the price you aren't getting rich or anything and I believe that it was the best $ spent on my entire Home Theatre setup, because of how much easier it makes it for me to maintain, and I use it EVERY DAY!
Please do consider creating an Amazon fetcher as it would solve not only my only issue, but with it as like a secondary, or maybe even have a third fetcher option, I believe that MCM would get very close to 100% on ability to find & fetch everything!
I am going through a divorce right now but after it is all over I will actually be better off than I am now financially, and I WILL be donating then, because as I said before it really is (to me anyway) worth much more than the asking price!
As far as "make sure you 'star' features (or enter them) into the Issue Tracker." I'm not sure what you are referring to or how I do that? sorry for my ignorance there :(
Thanks again, and keep up the good work! (fingers crossed for the Amazon Fetcher, lol)

PostPosted: September 26th, 2013, 12:15 pm 
Developer/Owner

The Issue Tracker link at the top of the page is a list of all user-submitted feature requests and (mostly) confirmed bug reports. If you find one that you want notifications about or think is important, you should 'star' it (it's a star icon next to each entry) to vote for its priority. There may already be one in there for an official Amazon fetcher, I don't recall. :)