Welcome to Media Center Master!
A powerful solution for mastering your digital media library.
Supporting Emby, Kodi/XBMC/OSMC, Plex, Windows Media Center, and more!

Home Download Gallery Wiki Issue Tracker Licensing Forums

FAQ  •  Search •  Login •  Register     
It is currently August 26th, 2019, 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lots of ffprobe processes running at 100%
PostPosted: December 15th, 2018, 9:01 am 
Xvid Movie

On the trailers tab, I only had "Automatically download trailer videos" checked, and at the bottom, the radio button for "with the movie as a moviefile-trailer.ext". No options for recoding trailers is enabled that I can tell.

Attempt to tag is not enabled.

Since disabling download trailers and deleting the 2 trailer.mp4 files that I knew were causing a problem, I have had no ffprobe processes hanging and running up the CPU. I'll leave it this way through Tuesday to see what happens with new releases.

PostPosted: January 14th, 2019, 10:20 pm 
High-Def MKV

I have been having similar issues with FFprobe lately.

When I fetch certain titles, MCM has a hard time properly downloading the trailer. The client GUI makes it seem like everything worked fine. But the trailer file is not renamed properly, and it is locked from any changes until the FFProbe process is terminated. At this point I am unable to play the file.

! Pete wrote:
Warning: message edited. Remember to keep post content relevant to the topic and be respectful of the developer and community.

PostPosted: February 15th, 2019, 2:29 pm 
Xvid Movie

Sadly I'm seeing the ffprobe issue as well. Locked threads taking cpu resources, failure to download/process trailers into the trailer folder (no re-encode, just download and move), etc. Would LOVE to see a resolution to this one since everything else is working well that I use it for.

I tried to download newer binaries of ffprobe and ffmpeg but as soon as i open the app it "updates" those to older versions MCM is looking for, both of which are considerably older than the current versions.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2019, 4:20 pm 
Downloaded Clip

I reverted to the last version of MCM (1818.1010) and disabled autoupdates and its working for me for right now. With the current release ffprobes made the software useless.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2019, 12:28 pm 
Xvid Movie

Also, for those that care, I downloaded the most current versions of the ff binaries, overwrote the existing ones in the bin folder then canceled when MCM tried to download them again at startup (even when auto update is disabled for some reason) and it's working fine. Not sure why the app keeps trying to download them when autoupdate is turned off but as long as I cancel before it can finish those 2 files it works ok without the cpu threads locking at 100%. Or, you can revert back a version but if you needed the bug fix in themost current version this is a temporary workaround until Pete can compile with the new ff binaries.

Quick update, it worked fine for a while but is back to semi working. Still hangs CPU use to 100 at times and other times it downloads a trailer then never finishes leaving a non functional trailer file and not moving it (as my settings dictate it should when working normally). No re-encode is happening, just downloads then slows way down then hangs. Oddly enough, trying to auto-update it starts downloading quickly, gets to about half way then hangs there too. No other internet issues. Eventually leaves a popup with "There was a remote server error" message after it stalls long enough.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2019, 10:07 am 
Flash Video

I've been having the exact same issue. I wrote a quick batch script I have to run frequently to get my movies processed. The batch script just terminates the multiple ffprobes.

taskkill /F /IM ffprobe.exe

still looking for a fix.

My trailers are setup very basic.

https://snag.gy/vXqnfx.jpg

PostPosted: March 29th, 2019, 11:36 am 
Xvid Movie

After you kill the processes do you just keep re-running/fetching until it eventually makes its way through? For me it seems it never does download some trailers (or downloads them partially and just sits there). Similar simple settings except I move folders once finished.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2019, 12:49 pm 
Xvid Movie

For what it's worth, reverting back to the old version mentioned above has fixed all my issues (ffprobe and trailers not downloading or finish processing)

PostPosted: April 13th, 2019, 2:03 pm 
DVD VOB

I also use a scheduled batch file that runs every half hour, to kill the ffprobe.exe. Been using it for the past few weeks, and MCM no longer seems to hang or get stuck while fetching or looking for new episodes.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2019, 5:33 am 
Downloaded Clip

Hey guys, I think I found a way to work around the ffprobe problem and invalid trailer videos. Here are my settings, using the latest auto update version of MCM, that doesn't get stuck with the ffprobe issue anymore.

In the Settings & Preferences:

General Tab
Uncheck - Use multi-thread fetching
Uncheck - Inspect and record video file details

Movies Tab
Uncheck - Attempt to tag video files with embedded metadata

Trailers Tab (My options exactly)
Checked - Automatically download trailer videos
Checked - Allow 1080p adaptive video-only and audio-only
Trailers should be saved: Kodi/XBMC style (not sure if this matters)

Hope this helps

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next